The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Once Upon A Dream

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:29 am

I know you
I walked with you once upon a dream.
I know you
The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
Yes, I know it's true
that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
the way you did once upon a dream

The classic tale of Sleeping Beauty that stretches across time.
In the 1800's, there was a fair kingdom. The king and queen had tried for a child and eventually was blessed with a beautiful baby girl. On the day of her birth, an evil witch declared that, on her sixteenth birthday, she would prick her finger on a spindle and die. After she had left, a good fairy had altered the evil spell. Instead of dying, the princess and her kingdom would merely fall asleep until her true love kissed her.

There was only one problem: by the time her sixteenth birthday rolled around, the princess had no true love. She ended up pricking her finger on a spindle, and the entire kingdom fell into a long, long sleep.

Two centuries later, a boy touring Europe over the summer escaped his tour group and wandered into an antique-looking place. There were old homes made of logs and bricks, roofs made of straw, and a castle. But there was no one in sight. Curious, he took a look around the place, finding himself being drawn to something. Eventually, he made his way to a room high up in one of the castle's towers to find the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen lying on the ground. It looked as if she were asleep. What happens when he kisses her?
Back to top Go down
https://beanscorner.forumotion.net
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Name: Kallie Sunline
Role: princess
Appearance:
Once Upon A Dream Curly-hair-cut-11
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Once Upon A Dream Lucas-till
Sean Williams

Sean was only able to stare at the beauty lying on the floor in front of him. She was wearing a dress that looked like it came right out of a old story book and fair skin to match. She was absolutely breathtaking. Unable to stop himself, he gently pressed his lips to hers. He didn't seem conscious of what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Kallie stirred, though she was unsure why she was even asleep. Then it came back to her, and she remembered the prick of the spindle. She opened her eyes to find a gorgeous guy kissing her. Her eyes widened, and she kissed him back a little before pulling back, realizing she had no idea who he was. "Oh my" she said quietly, getting up off the ground quickly. Her dress was quite dusty, and she had a feeling her mother wouldn't be too happy about it. "Who are you?" she questioned, taking him in.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:34 pm

He jumped, not realizing she'd woken up. "Oh. I'm Sean. Sorry 'bout that..." He scratched the back of his head, embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:20 pm

She stood there for a moment, taking in the way he talked and hpw he was dressed. "I accept your apology" she said curtly. Everything was dusty around her. How long had she been asleep??? She walked around the room slowly, and then glanced back over at him. "You woke me" she said quietly. "Thankyou. I am Princess Kallie Sunline."
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Sean blinked. A princess? That would explain the castle and the guards that were asleep on the floor. "Uh... Nice to meet you.. Your Highness," he bowed awkwardly. "I'm Sean. Sean Williams. Uh.. Why were you sleeping on the ground," he asked curiously. "Not only you, but.. Everybody. No one would wake up when I shook them."
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:21 pm

"Well, I had an evil spell cast on me and the whole castle. It was said that when my sixteenth birthday came around, I'd prick my finger on a spindle and fall into a deep sleep, along with the whole castle. I would only awake when when my true love kissed me." she said, relaying the story of what happened basically. "And so here we are..." She gave him a smile, wondering how she'd managed to have a true love. Surely she didn't know him?
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

He blinked. "Did you hit your head or something," he asked, looking at her. Sounded like that one fairy tale. What was it... Sleeping Beauty. But that's Disney stuff. ..Right?
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 pm

"I may have" she admitted. "After the fall. Surely instantaneous sleep would cause one to fall and head their head, yes?" she said, almost questioningly. She then realized something with a smile. "Everyone should be awake now!" she said gleefully. She grabbed Sean hand and pulled him out of the room with her. Everyone just had to meet him, she thought with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:40 pm

He blinked, wondering if this girl was for real. He made a noise of protest as she dragged him down the stone stairs that he'd climbed to get to the room. Of course, she'd get her way. She was a princess, after all. He wasn't too excited to meet the iron-clad guards, though... They were huge!
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Kallie dragged him down the stairs with her, though she couldn't go as fast as she would've liked, on account of the skirt of her dress. When she reached the bottom, she spotted the guards and waved to them. They nodded, and seemed confused. No one really remembered what happened except her, she realized. How would they know? She pulled him with her to the throne room, and she smiled when she saw her parents. People were not up, though most looked groggy, and were busy with their duties. "Hello mother, father!" she said with a bright smile.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Her parents looked surprised when they saw her. "Kallie, who is that? What on earth is he wearing," the king asked, disapproving. He looked like a peasant boy or a farmer. "And why is your dress so dirty - didn't you just put it on?"
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:59 pm

"All of this can be explained. The spell has occured, and this is Sean" she said with a smile. "He is the one that had awakened me. I don't know how long we've slept, but I'm guessing long enough to ruin my dress.." she looked down at her dress, a little distastefully. "As for how he is dressed - I too am curious...." She turned to him and examined his clothing. It really was quite odd.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Sean raised his eyebrow. "I've got to be dreaming," he mumbled to himself. "I'm wearing what normal people wear. You guys are the ones dressed like you came out of a story book. What year was it when you fell asleep, anyway," he asked.
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Kallie thought about this for a moment. "Hmm... 1811 I'd have to say. Why? What year is it now?" she questioned. "And surely not everyone wears that. The women wear dresses, yes?" she said. Of course, that was the way it always was.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:15 pm

"It's 2009," he told her. "And women only wear dresses for special occasions. Otherwise, they wear pants or whatever they want." He couldn't believe they'd been asleep for nearly two hundred years. Not a wrinkle on this girl's face, either.
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:07 pm

"Seriously?" she said, looking doubtful. "Well, I think I may need to see this new world to believe it. Mother, Father, I'll be back before dinner" she told them with a smile. She was used to roaming on her own, except for the occasion when they may decide that it was best for her to have extra protection. She wasn't sure whether to be excited or suspicious of the new world.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:12 pm

The king frowned. "Nonsense. This boy woke you. He's to be the new king. The wedding will be tomorrow."

"What," Sean asked, nearly yelling. "How in the hell does that work!? I can't marry her - I'm only 18 and I don't know a thing about her."

"Kallie's true love's kiss woke her. Her true love is meant to be the new king," the queen answered. "She's to be wed soon."

Sean just stared at them, looking lost and defeated. How was he gonna explain this to his parents?
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Kallie wasn't sure about this, since she really didn't know him. Even so, her fathers words were law, and she had to abide by what he said. She really was curious about this new world, but it seemed she would have to check it out later. "Yes Father" she said, almost begrudgingly. "Even so, how are we going to prepare in time?" she questioned. She already had her wedding dress made for her, but they'd need to find what would work for Sean. Also, surely, he'd want to invite his family to the wedding.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:32 pm

"I'll have a messenger send word to your parents," the king said and looked at the boy in surprise when he shook his head.

"I can call them. We have things called phones now, so we can talk over long distances." He pulled out his cell phone from his pocket to show them and dialed his dad's phone. Surprisingly, he had service where he had none before. Huh. Odd. "Hey, Dad. Call me back when you get this. Kind of important..." he hung up and did the same for his mom. "They'll call back later, after work," he told them, sighing. Sometimes it sucked to have workaholic parents.
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:31 pm

"Phones?" Kallie said, watching him talk into the little device. "May I see it?" she questioned. She wanted to know how it worked, and she wondered how they had made it. It sure would have come in handy during all those wars. "How long will it take for this phone to transport such a message?"
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:39 pm

He handed it to her. "They get it almost instantly. They just won't check it until after they're done with work," he explained.
Back to top Go down
moonangel
Christmas Wreath
moonangel

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Intrigued, she took the phone and pushed a few buttons. Things on the screen instantly change. She smiled brightly and clicked another button. It was really fascinating. The problem was, she didn't know how to work it, and she didn't want to break. She sighed a little and handed it back. "Will you one day teach me to use it?" she asked hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:58 am

He watched her. She really was beautiful. And adorable, how she acted with something new. Was he really supposed to marry her? Sigh. The things he got himself into. He thanked her as he took his phone back and put it in his pocket. He'd memorized all his contacts, which weren't much to begin with, and he knew the menus and things by heart. He'd fix it later, if she'd messed anything up. "Yeah, sure. Hmm... Uhh... Could you possibly put the... uhm... wedding... off until later? I'm sure my parents would like to meet her before we get into something so... serious," he said.

"That sounds acceptable," the queen answered. "How long do you think it will take?"

"With today's society... Maybe we should wait maybe a month or two... Days, even weeks, of knowing someone and marrying them isn't heard of. We'll tell my parents that we met in Europe and started going out..."

"Pardon me. Going out where," the queen asked, confused.

"'Going out' is basically another term for being boyfriend and girlfriend. Or starting a relationship. Anyway, she can stay at our house until she gets to know the current world a little and then we'll come back."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Once Upon A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon A Dream   Once Upon A Dream Empty

Back to top Go down

Once Upon A Dream
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next