The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Song and a Rhyme

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Obviously she didn't know the real reason to his name change. It was a dark reason, but he would never tell. Not even Sarah. "Look, it's none of your business, you're not family nor friend...I...I just can't say it." he said, his expression changing completely from happy and cocky to serious and angered. He had one reason for why he had his name changed: his father. He just went nuts and had gone on a drinking binge, ending up beating up on him and his sister, including his mom. One could only guess the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Mandy finally backed off when she saw the seriousness in his eyes. Sighing softly she nodded her head, "I understand. Please forgive me." When they had been together Mandy had always had some sort of idea that things weren't ideal for Nathaniel at home. His mother seemed nice enough though she always had a frightened look in her eyes, like she was expecting to be attacked at any second. She had never met his father before.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Nathaniel wanted to almost smack the notebook out of her hand and leave, but he resolved to better things. He sighed, looking away. "Next question, please." he asked politely, chewing on his bottom lip. Of course he never introduced her to his father. In the last few years they were together, that's when his dad broke down and he couldn't expose her to that. Never. At least before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 am

The rest of the interview went by pretty quickly mostly because the air was both tense and awkward between the two. Mandy had taken joy in insulting him the day before during their lunch but she knew that she had crossed a line with him. For the rest of their interview she asked simple questions such as if he would ever consider performing with another person and if he could play any other instruments besides guitar.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:56 am

As soon as the interview was over, Nathaniel looked over her and sighed. "I'll pay you back for dinner, just tell me your email and I'll just ask for what amount it was...I can't afford to pay you here because that receptionist is staring as if she wants us to do something for gossip." he whispered quietly as he shook her hand. "See ya." he smiled, looking away immediately as he walked off down the hallway and turned right, to the elevators. As he stood inside the machine, he looked at his watch and shook his head of any memories. "No...it's done for. Why the hell would I feel anything? Ugh, Sarah...shit, I think I'm late." he grunted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:04 am

Mandy simply nodded her head as he spoke, for once having nothing to say. Shaking her head and sighing she brushed some hair from her eyes and got up from the desk shortly after he left. She decided to work on his interview and finish it as soon as possible. The sooner it would be done the sooner she would get it off of her mind.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Since Mandy already had his number and he had hers, then he could just text her fortunately. Nathaniel had no need to talk to her, not now. Soon he got back outside to his car, surprised that he wasn't being bombarded by a fan or two. Still, like she said before, he's not that famous. Yet. He got into his black jaguar and took off to meet up Sarah at her place, for lunch. He was at least twelve minutes late but he explained about the interview and she understood perfectly. "So, who interviewed you?" she asked as they sat down at the table to eat just out in the patio that overlooked the ocean.
"This girl, can't even remember the name. Why?"
"Well...just curious."
"You don't have to worry, babe. I'm only yours." he smiled. Sometimes he couldn't help but like that she was a bit jealous, not like Mandy. Jeez, the girl couldn't go ten seconds without asking after he came back late or something whether it had to do with a girl or something else! Simon though was feeling a bit bad for prodding so much at the moment though, so he sent Mandy a text.
'Thinking about u :]'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Mandy was hardly as clingy as he was choosing to remember. With that in mind there was also the fact that he was just as bad when it came to her interacting with other boys. He had given her flack before for talking to other boys at parties or even dancing with them before. Mandy sighed softly to herself as she drove off and felt that in a way she did need to make it up to Nathaniel- she had obviously hit a sore spot. When she felt her phone bus she stopped at the side of the road to check the text. With a smile she decided to invite Simon to go with her to lunch.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Well, they both were at least a little bit jealous, right? Come on! They both loved each other deeply. Nathaniel couldn't help it. Still, as he spoke to Sarah, his head continued to head back to that face. To the same face she made when he had told her to back off. She was surprised, obviously, but, maybe even worried? He laughed as Sarah again complained about her toast having been too toasted. She liked to at least get a good chew out of it, but too hard and she wanted to cry. He loved that. As Simon was working, he had received the text and chuckled. He accepted her lunch invitation, clocking out almost immediately to take the lunch break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 am

There was an old saying that went that a person could never fall out of love with the love of their life. With that in mind, how could that possibly apply to her and Nathaniel? Their interview together had softened her animosity towards him, though she knew that the chapter that they had shared together in the story of life was over. Sighing to herself, she smiled briefly seeing that Simon had accepted her lunch invitation and drove off to the usual diner that they liked to have lunch at.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:27 am

Can't fall out of love with the love of their life? That would be interesting to hear but, the thing was, they weren't each other's lives anymore, they were nothing. Nathaniel continued his lunch with Sarah before she herself had to go to a photo shoot. With a nice kiss, he had bid her goodbye and left her apartment as he then headed to his. While in the car, he stared at his phone at a stop sign. He wanted to apologize, through text at least. But he couldn't get himself to do it. He sighed, texting to her finally, 'I apologize'. He then shook his head, driving on home. Simon was already on the way to their favorite diner, hoping he could make it before Mandy did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Mandy knew how Simon was, always wanting to be the romantic who got the table and had the drinks waiting for her when she arrived. With this in mind she normally would stop off at a general store to pick up some gum or whatever so that it gave Simon enough time to get to their restaurant first. Sometimes it was tedious but liked the way he smiled when she would walk through the doors and see him at a table waiting for her. As she pulled into the parking lot of the local store she glanced over at her phone, seeing it had a text message. Assuming it was from Simon she opened it only to see Nathaniel's name. "Hmm." she though, raising a brow. For what? she sent back. She had been the one who had offended him.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:21 pm

'For coming back into your life..it was a stupid decision' he sent back, grunting. He hated admitting things, but this one he couldn't avoid. "Jesus.." Nathaniel muttered, shaking his head as he remembered that tomorrow was when his video aired. Great. If Mandy were to see it, he would never hear the end of it. She would ruin him. He knew that she could. However, Mandy was right about Simon. He always wanted to get there first and just prepare things, then wait until the arrival of his one love. He wanted to please her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:02 am

Mandy shook her head seeing the text, though she couldn't help but agree with him. While they had been a big part of one another's lives before they hadn't accomplished anything by stepping back into what had once been. Everyone makes mistakes. she texted back. With that in mind she turned off her phone and then picked up a granola bar for later before driving off to the diner where she knew Simon was waiting for her. Simon was a clean cut kind of guy who had waited until legal age to even consider touching alcohol and he had also been the kind of guy that Mandy would have secretly laughed at if she was still in high school but underneath it all he really was a good guy. When she reached the diner, she smiled softly and then walked in. Sure enough she saw Simon waiting for her. He tried so hard to be romantic and she couldn't help but feel her heart melt as she walked over and gently kissed him.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 am

Now, Nathaniel had accepted defeat, but like this? So he was at fault now? Again!? He grunted, now not feeling so bad. Still, acting towards his bad side on that interview now sparked something. He wasn't going to back down. He scoffed, going into his apartment and sighing once he closed the door. "Well, can't wait til that video airs." he grinned, knowing he'd get quite a few angry messages. As Mandy had gotten to the restaurant, Simon was there (like a puppy) waiting on her and smiling. "Hey, babe." he said, getting up and hugging her tenderly, kissing her head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Mandy smiled and then missed his cheek. "Hello, Sweetheart." She felt bad for snapping at him earlier that day and wanted to make it up to him by having a nice lunch together. Yes, Simon was clean cut and a bit nerdy but he was also charming in his own sort of way and he made Mandy very happy. "I'm glad that you could make time in your schedule to see me." she said, taking a seat across from him.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Simon smiled, nodding. "I always make time, though I know that lately I've been busy. I apologize for that though." he said, smiling weakly and holding her hand as she sat across from him. "How did that interview go?" he was unaware that Nathaniel was actually Daniel. He had forgotten all about his 'ambitions' once he was with his girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 pm

When they had been going to college she had known from the very beginning that Simon had hated Daniel, though she had never guessed why. It wasn't until after she had broken up with Daniel that Simon had almost literally gotten to his knees and admitted to having feelings for her. He tried so hard to be romantic and she loved him for trying to be. "Oh, it was alright," she answered, smiling when he took her hand. "It went on a little longer than I had hoped. The person who I was interviewing was a real prima donna." she rolled her eyes and then laughed.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Simon laughed and kissed her hand. "Oh? Who was it anyway? I forgot." he smiled, leaning back into his chair and chuckling. Honestly he knew she had an exciting career, even if she didn't think so. She was...ambitious. He liked that. Sometimes he wondered why Daniel even let her get out of his fingers, but he was glad he did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Mandy was reluctant to disclose to Simon who it was that she had interviewed before remembering that Simon only knew of Daniel as Daniel Taylor not as Nathaniel Haynes. "Oh, just a local singer who's starting to make headlines. He goes by the name of Nathaniel Haynes, perhaps you've heard one of his songs on the radio while driving home from work. He only has one or two playing on the radio as of now." She had forgotten about his music video scheduled to air the next day.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:20 pm

Simon nodded, sighing. "Yeah, one of the songs had a familiar beat, but I doubt that one artist could've copied from an old friend of ours." he scoffed, thinking the past couldn't honestly go after him. He had just settled and now had an amazing soon to be wife. What else could be more perfect and not ruin his moments? "Was he an ass?" he asked, chuckling as the waiter came by, giving them their menus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Mandy laughed. "Oh, immensly." she assured him, looking at him with amused eyes. "Not to mention a self absorbed pig." Smiling, she knew that she could safely put Nathaniel behind her and forget about her past with him. What was important was her future with Simon. While she was still a bit nervous about their wedding she was sure they would be happy in the future.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Simon laughed, continuing the talk as they then moved on to their wedding plans, especially about the honeymoon. But soon, the next day came on and Simon (poor dope) had been called by his niece to watch the new video of her newest singer crush. Again. He always humored her cause he thought of his niece, Elise,as a daughter. He loved the girl. He turned on MTV and called Mandy over. "Hey baby, come on!" he said, knowing she wouldn't wanna miss it for the world either. But of course, the announcer (the hostess) had already met with the singer and had now just played the video. Soon..Daniel's face was zoomed in and soon out, the video starting at once.

"Can't believe that this happened to me, a wondrous angel here in my arms tonight,
I see your tears and my heart reaches out, wanting to rid you of that pout,
I know you don't care what I want to say, but I know that you believe they're true,
so just look up at hold on tight, cause I will take you away to heaven where you belong,
With me, With me, With me~,
Please don't leave yourself here in pieces, cause you know I'll pick them up and put them together again,
So just understand, I'm here for you and will never leave you stranded.."

And so the song continued, all up to that one scene in which then Simon was already fuming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 pm

Up until now Mandy had only been aware that Simon's oldest niece had a crush on some up and coming singer. Now as she was being called into the room, she stopped dead in her tracks seeing Nathaniel on the screen. Already his name had been announced and she knew that the jig was up with Simon. Just as she was about to start explaining however, something in the music video caught her eye. Her coffee mug fell from her hand, crashing on to the hard wood floor and spilling coffee everywhere. Angry, hot tears formed in her eyes and she quickly wiped at him. How dare he put that in his video! That had been one of the things that had broughten them closer together in their relationship. For him to so blatantly publisize it in his video (not to mention with his whore of a girlfriend) was unforgivable. Curtly apologizing for spilling the coffee, she excused herself and left the house and hurried off to her car. That son of a bitch had some explaining to do!
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:06 am

Simon raised a brow, about to cuss as he turned around and the cup fell from her hands. "Mandy?" he said, seeing tears in her eyes. He stood, about to go over to her but she had apologized and left quickly. "Wait!" he yelled as she went through the front door. Of course, Sarah wasn't home at the moment, she was out with her sister as they were celebrating her sister's birthday together. Nathaniel had decided to stay behind, letting them bond. He didn't expect her to knock at his door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next