The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:12 am

He had a part time job but he really wanted to be a gentle man and pay for dinner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Meghan ordered the chicken quesadilla with a side of veggies. As she took a sip from her cup of Coke she listened thoughtfully to the music playing. Some over the top poppy song that would probably be forgotten in a couple of years. Shaking her head she put her cup down and realized what they could talk about. "So, what kind of music are you into?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:12 am

" I like rock. I don't care for this new stuff they're trying to sell. Dustin Beaver drives me insane and Maiden GooGoo is just plain weird." he said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:34 pm

"Well I don't think that there's anything wrong with giving new things a chance. Admittedly a lot of artists like Ke$ha and Justin Beiber aren't going to hold up ten years from now, but that doesn't mean that every now and then it's a crime to jam out to one of their songs." Taking a sip from her cup of coffee, she laughed. "And actually everyone claims that Lady GaGa is ripping off Madonna so maybe she's doing some good by bringing back some 80's music." Meghan had a more versatile taste in music, though she also had her favorites, being partial to the Stones and Phil Collins.
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:20 pm

" I'm not saying I don't like new stuff. I like the rock that is coming out." he said in defence. " I'm not into the new pop music"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:28 pm

"It seems like you're generalizing with pop music then." she said thoughtfully, absentmindedly fiddling with a napkin. "Not all pop artists are like Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber. Pop is such a wide variety of music actually," she said and then laughed. "Did you know that some people consider the Beatles to be pop music?"
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:36 am

" Itunes does that. I want to punch them so bad. They are not friggen pop." he grunted in annoyance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:19 am

"Well I don't know about that. Yes it's true that generally they should be considered more of a rock band but some of their songs are just too whimsical and poppy. Take Penny Lane for instance. Comparing that to even Strawberry Fields Forever, can you really say that it's a rock song?" Meghan asked.
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:25 am

" Every band or artist has a song that breaks away from their norm." he said in deffence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 pm

"Well what about their earlier work? I Want to Hold Your Hand? They were practically a boy band!" Looking thoughtful she added, "Then again when Lady GaGa started out she wasn't using so much techno beats in her songs." It was nice having someone to have conversations like this with.
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:07 am

" They are a boy band." he laughed. " They have all boys in their group. Just being technical. But they weren't like backstreet boys or anything. I reccomend you listen to other groups in that time period. Most were copying their style. Like Herman and the Hermits. Things just got weird when they went to India to visit that Guru. " he said shaking his head. " Even the Queen of England said they were getting a bit Odd. One not only looks at the actual history of the time period but the overall affect from it. The bigger picture. Lets look at English Imperialism in India. The British imposed their rule in India and that actually started to unite a very divided India. This lead to two things. The creation of Pakistan and the civil rights movement in America. " he said showing her his analytical skills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:15 pm

"I beg to differ," Meghan said, shaking her head. "When they first came to America they were practically like the Backstreet Boys with their biggest fans being horny teenage girls. And there is video footage to prove that." Once the waitress came back with their food she briefly sprinkled some salt over her quesedillas before continuing. "And their music was already becoming warped after they met Bob Dylan at a club. Dylan, who had mistaken one of the lyrics in I Want to Hold Your Hand and thought that the Beatles were drug users, offered them a drug cigarette in the bathroom. It was after this that the Beatles got caught up in drug abuse and started going wild with their music."
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:15 pm

" you've really done your homework on them." He laughed. " So what do you think on the whole Yoko breaking up the band? I of course don't think she broke the band up. they were breaking long before that." he said'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:46 pm

She bit her lip when he mentioned Yoko Ono, though she knew that it had to come sooner or later. "I have very mixed feelings about Yoko Ono. I don't believe that she broke up the band and think that she really got the short end of the stick regarding all of the hate towards her from Beatles fans, but I don't really like her as a person. It's just weird," she admitted, pausing to nibble on one of the quesedillas. "In the music video for Imagine she just seems so calm and beautiful and yet when I read up on her I find odd facts about how she treated John. I'm not really sure what to think of her."
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:55 pm

" I don't really know what to make of her but I do know that John treated his first son like crap. I feel bad for Julian." he said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:02 pm

"That poor kid." Meghan agreed. "As much as I appreciate John and his music I always felt that he just sort of used Julian for publicity. Paul was more of a father to him than John was." she smiled a bit. "I thought it was so cute when I learned that Paul had written Hey Jude for Julian. They're still friends to this day, you know." she added.
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:10 pm

" John was always a jerk. Paul is my personal favorite. They had to hide julian in the begining of his career. They had to look like innocent boys basically. That whole British posh mask." he said. The hours were just ticking away as they were having this discussion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:15 pm

"Even though John wasn't the best person I have to admit that he's my favorite. It's just something about his voice. George Harrison is a close second, I always thought he was really underrated." When he mentioned why Julian had been kept a secret she laughed and shook her head. "It wasn't to look like innocent boys, it was quite the opposite. Not many girls could lust after a guy knowing that he had a wife and kid." Placing down her cup of coffee, she sighed to herself. "I always really felt sorry for Cynthia. I prefer her over Yoko, if that makes any sense. It just seems like she had to take more of John's crap, you know?"
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:21 pm

" Well I meant that too" he said " I have to agree. I don't really like yoko"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:27 pm

"I used to feel bad for Yoko when all of the Beatles fans would criticizes her and blame her for John's death but after researching her I see that she really wasn't a good person, regardless of whether or not she broke up the band." She was enjoying this conversation with him, hardly ever getting to have intelligent conversations with other people. "Not to mention she helped contribute to John Lennon's worst album ever; Two Virgins." she crinkled her nose at the name. "I still can't sit through the whole thing."
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:25 am

" Don't get me wrong, John made excellent music on his own but Paul got farther I think. well you know not because John died." He said waving his hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:26 am

"No, I get what you're saying. I just can't help but like John more even if afterwards Paul actually had a much more successful career. I think it might be because he was the lead singer for most songs." Her cheeks flushed a bit. "I can't help it, a lot of the time it's the lyrics and singing that come to me right away, before the instruments and melody."
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:37 am

" One of my favorite songs is Maxwell's Silver Hammer. Its just such a happy song about killing people. Its so hilarous." he laughed. " I loved their humor. I also like I am the Walrus."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:45 am

"I actually do like their more whimsical sounding work. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds is one of my favorites by them, and then of course Hey Jude." she smiled. "I kind of skip around with the Beatles. I've only really gotten into them just recently." she admitted.
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:33 am

" It takes a while to get their humor' he nodde3d.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~   My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~ - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Past Will Not Haunt Me ~Private~
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next