The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dreamingaway's Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreamingaway

Dreamingaway

Dreamingaway's Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:41 am

:Dance alien What a Face dancing :pineapple! (sorry, I simply love these icons)

Anyways, here's Idea Numero Uno that I entitle "The Matchsticks". PM me if you're interested!

SYNOPSIS
"Stop acting like a girl!" she screamed with frustration.
He lifted one eyebrow.
"Only if you stop acting like a boy!" he retorted.
Luke and Astrid hate each other for the simple reason that he acts gay and she's a complete tomboy. On a school trip that turns into a disaster, and with some help from a group that calls themselves the Matchsticks, they discover that they're not as different as they think...

Luke Phoenix was the new kid with a different style. It was a mix between emo tight jeans, v-necks, wrist bands, converse colorful shoes and one long earring dangling from his left ear. His black hair fell neatly to his shoulders, he was slim but toned, had a handsome face and every girl fell for him at the sight of his light blue eyes. Every girl, except for one.
Astrid Sinclair was the tomboy that everybody knew. She often got into fights at school, which was why everyone knew her. Her wardrobe was filled with her older brother's old clothes, her shoes a pair of Vans she had been wearing for the past five years. Her hair was a long, unruly fiery red and her eyes a vivid green. She was strangely strong for her thin build, and very quick. Most of the time her hair was pulled into a messy ponytail. And her best friends were her brother Jeff and his classmate Daniel Woods.
Daniel was classified as a pure jock. And he liked it that way. He did everything to stay in the boundaries of that label, even if it meant covering up how smart he really was.
Jeff was a bit less attached to the label and acted always like himself one hundred percent of the time. Which wasn't always a good thing.
In Astrid's grade, there was a gang of four girls that called themselves the Matchsticks, the high school matchmakers. They spot out a couple and, by any way it took, would get them together.
Miranda Taylor, the leader, prided herself in her good tastes, which worked out very well for the couple 95% of the time. She was also very powerful, considering her father was the notorious history teacher who terrorized even the principal.
Her faithful sidekick, Diddi Atkins, who followed her around like a lost pup, was a fantastic actress. She had tricked more than one person for the sake of the couple they were trying to get together. In consequence, you can never really tell if she's lying or not, acting or not, joking or not.
Janis Cole, the third member, was a nerdy computer wiz. She could hack into the school system before you had time to say "new password". Again, she would only do it for the sake of the couple. In fact, before Miranda recruited her into the gang, she sold good grades, a slight change on a report card.
Maryann Fletcher, the last member, was a shy and sweet girl whose job in the gang was to do everything that the others didn't want to do. She never complained though and actually enjoyed doing it, believing that she was spreading love and peace.

-Characters:
Luke Phoenix
Astrid Sinclair
Jeff Sinclair (Astrid's older brother- taken by me)
Daniel Woods (Jeff's best friend)
Miranda Taylor (Leader of Matchsticks)
Diddi Atkins (Actress of Matchsticks)
Janis Cole (Computer Wiz of Matchsticks)
Maryann Fletcher (Handywoman of Matchsticks)

Except for Luke and Astrid, all other characters can be changed (name and gender alike). And you can take more than one character if you like.
Back to top Go down
Dreamingaway

Dreamingaway

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:00 am

Here is Idea Numero Two! Actually, it's more of a writing contest, I suppose. For five people and three judges (I would be one of them). Entitled <Boardwalk to Eternity>

Since the beginning of time, the human race has searched for immortality, a fountain of Life that defies the horrors of death. Every millenia, five people board a mysterious ship and are never seen again. It is said that they are granted Eternal Life.

But the Captain of the ship knows better. Only one of the five passengers will receive the gift of immortality. The rest will die trying. This is a battle of survival, the price to pay for such a precious prize.

Tonight is the turn of the millenia, five lucky (or unlucky) people will be chosen, to go on this perilous treasure hunt. They will take the Boardwalk to Eternity, where their Destiny awaits them, in the form of a ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:27 pm

That is an interesting story premise. What is the criteria for the story? Is it meant to be a short story or is it meant to be a long chapter story?
Back to top Go down
Dreamingaway

Dreamingaway

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Actually, I was thinking the contest would be done in rounds, and each round would have a new set of prompts to choose from, and after each round, one person gets eliminated. Until there's only one person left, who wins Eternal Life.

I hope that made sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:01 pm

I sort of get what you are saying. Like each round would have a different prompt for each part of the story?
Back to top Go down
Dreamingaway

Dreamingaway

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Right. And each participant would have a different prompt from the others as well (just to keep it diverse).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:04 am

That's really cool :Dance I like that!
Back to top Go down
Dreamingaway

Dreamingaway

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:09 am

Thanks! Do you think we could get enough people to participate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm sure that I can get some people to enter ^o^
Back to top Go down
Dreamingaway

Dreamingaway

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Sweet! I'll create the topic. Would it go in "started roleplays"?
Back to top Go down
nickjag

nickjag

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:03 pm

I like the different prompt idea, I had thought something similar Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreamingaway's Ideas   Dreamingaway's Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreamingaway's Ideas
Page 1 of 1