The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} Empty
PostSubject: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 9:49 pm

A thousand years have come and gone and the current Grim Reaper must step down and give his crown to his son. It is not as simple as it sounds though. The Grim Reaper must be the shadow on the moon. The soft whisteling in wind on a windy night. The sour taste in a sweet candy. He must be emotionless and heartless. He must take souls without feeling and without remorse.

And this is why before being given the title of the Angel of Death, the Grim Reaper's son must undergo a test. The test is that within one year he must reap one hundred souls without showing any dread or sadness. He must be cool and he must be strong. He is sent to the Earth under the guise of a college boy.

As the year goes by, he follows the rules of the test. He comes down to one last person, a girl who is doomed to die in a car crash. When he first meets her, they immediatley take a dislike to one another. He cannot wait to watch her die and to reap her soul. Yet, they are thrown together repeatedly by fate. And very slowly and reluctantly, they fall in love.

Now what is he to do when he knows that the girl he loves is doomed to die? Will he let it happen and gain the title of Death or will he save her and forfeit his father's title?

Name: Dani Cross
Height: 5'2
College Year: Freshman
Major: Photography
Appearance: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} Cute_Operator-1

It's finally up, Twilight-san XD
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Name: Azrael (meaning death) Hartford
Height: 5'7
College Year: Junior
Major: Forensics
Appearance: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} Untitled6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:11 pm

(Great! I shall start :3)
"Come forth." Death roared, summoning his son to step forward. "The time has come that I step down from my pedestal. I only wonder, my son, if you are prepared." The Angel of Death paused to look deeply into his son's eyes. "When I was first meant to inherit my father's power and title, I was given a test to see if I could handle being the Messenger of Death." he paused once more, remembering back to that time when he had been younger and innocent of death. "My son, I now will give you your test. You are to be sent to Earth under the disguise of a college student, and within one year you must reap the souls of one hundred different people." And with that, he placed his hand to his son's forehead, and then with one last look, sent him to the World of the Living.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Once sent to earth, the days passed. One by one, soul by soul, he captured them all and slowly but surely grew out of his sympathy or guilt of the way each imbecile died. Some even deserved it, as he thought. Though, being a college student was interesting, he wanted to get on with it. His list of souls burned red in each name, signaling that he had full control over them. He had been waiting a whole week for the last name to appear, burn in black like the eyes of Death itself, or rather, his father. One thing was hilarious to him, his roommate was on the list and he didn't shed a tear or blink an eye to his death. So, as his alarm went off, he knew to get up and go on with his classes. "Well then, I'll keep my list in my pocket. I just hope father isn't playing games with me, being in this damned human form is useless for me and getting tiring." he said, annoyed. Walking out into the hall with his backpack in hand, he went on to class. Even as he stepped, his presence just gave off the stench of demise and evil, the students knew well not to mess with him. They had given him the nickname which he wore well: Angel of Death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:29 pm

"Gabby, wait up!" Dani called, trying to catch up with her friend. There was another thirty minutes until her class started, and her roommate had just darted off with her camera. "Come on, this isn't at all funny!" she cried, darting in and out of the many people populating the hallways of her college. Some people laughed and other cat called in goofy voices. She pouted, and then sighed. Dani wasn't all together used to college just yet. There were still so many people who she had not met. Including the Angel of Death.

He was someone who she had only heard of, but had not yet met. His story, how he was supposedly carrying around era's of darkness and evil intriqued. She had tried several times throughout the year to catch him, just to see him for herself. Little did she know that she would be meeting him now.

As she continued to chase after her room mate, she groaned as she made contact with one of the other students. "Oomph!" she grunted when her face collided into the hard chest of a male student, causing her to stop and then fall. "Ouch.." she groaned, rubbing at her forehead, and then wearily looking up. Why does it so cold suddenly? She wondered, looking into the dark eyes of the Angel of Death.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:48 pm

As he heard a voice crying and wanting for another to wait up, he chuckled. Ah, ignorance is definitely bliss for these humans. Azrael continued on through the halls only to see a blond and them feeling a hard collision meeting with his chest. He hadn't moved but just an inch back, seeing as he was practically hard as stone. He grunted, looking down with a hollow but furious glare in his black eyes. It was just the girl he caught a glance of just before she had bumped into him. "Watch it, idiot." he said harshly, walking past her in a rush to get to class on time.

He didn't have the patience nor time to deal with any professors that were too busy throwing about their authority or abusing it with students. But as he walked away, he felt a small kind of burn in the pocket of his black jeans: A name had been written. He smirked, walking into the room only to see the teacher and even the students shudder and look away from the door. He walked to his seat, sneaking the long list out underneath the table to see the name, Dani Cross. A male? Hm, this should be interesting, as usual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:02 pm

She looked at him with fear ridden eyes as he told her to watch where she was going, and then simply walked around her. Once he was gone, she could feel the anger coiling in her belly, and growled. "How rude!" she mumbled under her breath, shaking her head and then getting up from the floor. It wasn't as if she had purposely meant to bump into him. And after meeting such a jerk like himself, she hoped that she never bumped into him ever again. With a deep breath, she got up and continued to look for her friend, who had stopped once she had seen that she had bumped into someone.

"Oh, my God!" Gabby cried. "You just bumped into the Angel of Death! How are you still alive?!" Gabby cried.

Dani blinked, and then briefly looked over her should as if expecting see him. So.. that was the Angel of Death.

"Whatever." she mumbled, shaking her head. "Just give me my camera. I need to start getting to class." she mumbled, still upset from her encounter with the boy. She would seen realize that they would continously be bumping into eachother. Whether they liked it or not.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, despite her anger, once they would meet again, the young reaper to be would see the last number across the victim's forehead in black and flaming numbers. He could feel the power slowly rising within him, making his eyes far more sharp than realized by any human. Azrael knew to not let himself accidentally let his tongue loose, to reveal what he truly is, a demon from hell, death itself, it's keeper and messenger. Those who stand in his way would die as soon as he so says it.

As class went on, he nervously was tapping his foot on the floor, wanting for this day to be over. As soon as his black eyes met the dead to be's eyes, he could relaxed. Even before the name was written, he would be anxious. Once the bell rung, he rushed just as fast out of the classroom. But fate soon drew them together again, except this time his arm pushed her to the side, knocking some of the books down that she carried including her camera. "Ugh, watch where you're going damnit!" he cursed, rolling his eyes and walking off. Everyone only stared at Dani, afraid that she had been either cursed or was soon to die.

Whomever associated with Azrael was asking for it. No one ever outlasted a month after bumping into him. The timer was set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Dani gasped as she was pushed back, and watched as her books and camera went flying. Now, normally she would have just brushed it off and went on in life. And she had been considering doing just that. Until she watched her camera go flying, and then falling to the ground, the lense cracking. It felt as if her heart had stopped beating, she could feel tears forming in her eyes. That jerk! Getting up, she growled, and raced after him, something that no one had ever done before. But she was insane with rage.

Grabbing unto the back of his shirt, she stopped him, and then turned him around. "Who do you think you are just pushing me like that! I doubt I was even in your way, you jerk off!" Dani cried, angrilly looking into his eyes. "Is that really how your mother raised you? To treat people like garbage?!" she asked. People watched this, shocked that such a petite, innocent looking girl just blowing up on the Angel of Death. "And if that is how she raised you, then I guess I'll just have to teach you some manners myself!"
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:42 pm

Even as the cracking of the lens was heard, or at least with his ears, he didn't care. Some of the people in the crowd gasped, seeing how easily that the Angel of Death could even keep walking with a girl crying just behind him. Though, soon he heard rapid footsteps, unfortunately he didn't expect it to be the blond's steps. As Azrael's shirt was tugged and pulled at, he turned his head to see the number: 100. It was right across her forehead and flaming but a very light, she still had a while to live.

But once Dani began with preaching about manners and his mother, this made him snapped. He slapped her hands away, glaring. "Don't tell me about manners, you brat. Also, it's not up to you to teach me anything. Just back off, or you will regret it, girl. He pushed her back, smirking as he knew her end was just near and turned, walking away to the next class. He could care less if he ever had a mother, it wouldn't change anything. Especially how black his heart was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:48 pm

She looked at him angry, the few tears still burning in her eyes. How could anyone be so heartless? As he threatened her to back off, and then turned to leave for class, she held her hand to her heart, and closed her eyes. She wouldn't let him leave knowing that she was still crying. Her pride wouldn't let her. Wiping away at the angry tears, she finally turned and went to get her books and camera.

As she was walking off to her next class, she realized that it she wouldn't be able to work with her subject now that her camera lense was broken. She gritted her teeth and groaned. Getting the money to have her lens fixed would take forever, especially since she already paid for boarding, groceries and other live neccessities. She would have to track that creep down and let him know that he would have to pay her back for breaking her camera.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:38 pm

Well, this 'creep' wouldn't pay the girl back even if she swore revenge on him. He was Death's son! Soon to be Death itself, so what had he to fear? Nothing. Nothing at all, especially from his last soul to reap. It would be sweet to see the fear of dying in her eyes just as the car would crush her to death. Ah, to take her soul and hand it over to his father for his last decision of where these souls would end up. Hm, he hoped that Dani would stay in Hell, it would be hilarious to see her suffer for any sins.

Soon, to his fortune, the day ended and he was already heading back to his room. Since he was put on earth as a human boy, he never had the necessity to eat, drink, or even sleep. Then again, at times he would find himself closing his eyes for rare moments, as if in slumber. The blond's voice still rung in his head, her words of whether he ever had a mother and was taught manners. This made him question his existence, how was he made, really? At times human emotions would spill from the cracks that he continuously tried to clog up, seeing it as a weakness to his deal for the title.

Azrael could never truly be human, that is considered foolish and pathetic. He wouldn't allow himself to fall so hard when he has such great things such as eternity to look forward to and to take souls, what a passionate sort of title to have and to hold. He really looked up to his father with pride and mischief.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 6:06 pm

It took Dani a while to track down where the so called Angel of Death's dorm room was. His roommate had died about a month ago from alchohol poisoning, and no one had offered to take his place. All of them too afraid that he would murder them in their sleep. When she did eventually find out where his room was, she found a nice little spot to hide and wait until he got there. She watched him quietly as he walked into his dorm room, and then waited a few minutes before walking over to the door and knocking on it.

Whether or not he wanted to accept it, he had broken her camera, and therefore he was the one who should pay to have it fixed. She hadn't done anything to provoke him, so there was no reason for him to have pushed her. Taking a deep breath, she tried to remind herself this, and then walked over to the door and knocked twice, waiting for him to answer.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:09 pm

"Huh? Who the hell would knock on my door? Hm, maybe a stupid fraternity girl doing initiation, again." Azrael mumbled, smirking as he opened the door only to see Dani. He rolled his eyes, scoffing and closing the door again. Why should he even speak to his victim? Hell, he'd be the main cause of her being silent forever once she died.

Pulling out the list, he could still see her name as a dim flicker. Her death sentence was yet to be decided. Damn it, why do I have to deal with this? Every single one of my souls had no problems until this one. My father is a very peculiar person. He heard knocks, continuous, and all he did was sit on his bed and cross his arms. She'd have to leave sometime. She had to!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Dani blinked when she opened her mouth to speak and then quite literally had the door slammed in her face. Raising a brow at this, she raised her fist to the door, and continued to knock. Honestly, how could his mother have let him get so bratty? If he continued to ask like this, then she would have to take matters into her own hands and teach him how to properly treat people. Even if it meant having to spank him every now and then. "Please open the door." she mumbled, continuing to knock.

She would camp outside of his door if need be. If he didn't pay her back, then she wouldn't be able to pay to have her camera's lens fixed. Unless she volunteered to be a model for life drawing classes or something like that. And it didn't exactly appeal to her to pose naked for a bunch of strangers.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Azrael growled, grabbing money from his wallet and taking out at least $200. He just wanted her gone! Opening the door, he threw the bills at her face. "Get the hell away! I don't want to deal with you right now, seriously. Could you be so stubborn and hard headed? My god, I knew women were ridiculous, but you took my breath away." he hissed, glaring down at Dani.

Even still, her number on her forehead was still there, but faded. What the hell was happening? He'd have to discuss with his father later tonight, when she left. Still, he could see anger within the blond's eyes and also confusion. What else was there to be confused about? He didn't want her near him and he didn't want to be near her, so why couldn't she keep it in her head?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Dani blinked as the green paper went flying at her, and she didn't lean down to pick them up from the floor. What she was concentrated on was how plain and barren his dorm room looked. No posters or family photos or anything that really made the room pop and stand out as his. The other side of the room that had once belonged to his roommate was empty and looked untouched. Casually leaning down to pick up the money, she placed it into her pocket, and then carelessly walked into his room.

"Was is it like this?" she asked, looking around. "Do you hardly life here at all? Nothing, nothing at all." Dani murmured, shaking her head. Her dorm walls were completely full with amatuar photo shots, and some of her more professional shots. His room was just so dull and plain. It was almost something worth crying over. "How can you live in such a bland room?"
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:20 pm

The room really didn't bother Azrael. Hell, if he had the chance, he would paint it all black and have just the one item that would've revealed him as the son of Death: His own Scythe. Then again, there were weirder things than just weapons on the walls. His roommate had complained about his lack of taste too, but then again, a month later the guy died by alcohol poisoning, and he was right there at the party. He was the first soul. The rest just followed like moths to a flame.

As Dani walked in, he grunted and gritted his teeth. "Get out. I never told you that you could come in. Don't make me call the administrator and get your ass kicked out." he warned, walking up to her. "You wanted your money for the damn lens, so go. Get in, and then get out. I don't need a girl to tell me what to like and what to do." he said, pushing her out slowly from his room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:31 pm

Dani growled, sick of being pushed around. Especially by Azrael. "Hold on." she said, closing the door with her foot, and then turning to look at him. "I think you also owe me an apology. You purposely pushed me when I wasn't even in your way. I knew that there were rude people in the world, but what guy pushes a girl who is half his size down on the ground?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest and looking deeply into his coal black eyes.

She wasn't the kind of girl to go out with a fight.

Not to mention she still couldn't get over how plain his room was. It was painful to look at. Was he really so lonely and unloved that he had no pictures to hang up? No keepsakes from happy memories of his teen years or childhood days? That was far too hard for her to believe. Surely he had some friends.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Blinking in shock, he was about to say something until Dani began spouting to him about how rude he was. Sighing, he crossed his arms and listened, though almost expected his ears to start bleeding at any moment. Who did she think she was? God? Hah! "So what if I purposely pushed you? You were in my way so, I got you out of it." he said, scoffing. He shook his head, sitting on his bed.

He had no childhood, just training for most of his life. He had no memories of a mother, ever. All he remembered was being beaten down if he ever showed any emotion of sympathy for the dead. He was taught to either become death or nothing at all. So, he had become stone cold, unable to feel anything for the humans whenever they begged to be taken back. They were scared sh*tless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:07 pm

She watched as he sat on his bed, his arms crossed over his chest. For a moment she thought that he resembled a spoiled child who did not see the reason in which he was being scolded, shaking her head, she sighed. "That doesn't make it right at all. Look, just apologize and I'll be out of your hair." It's not like I'd ever purposely want to run into you ever again. She thought, rolling her eyes. "I highly doubt it's going to kill you to admit when you are wrong."

Walking over to him, she looked thoughtfully into his black eyes. "So how about it? Will you apologize?" She needed to get started on her homework, even though it wasn't really due for another week. In all honesty, she wanted to leave soon. This guy was seriously giving her the creeps.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 2:26 pm

Sure, to her he would appear as a child, a very spoiled child, but in Hell, which is where he came from, he would be a very tough and cruel sort of person. Still, as this blond walked about his room, he could only try not to let his boiling anger spout from him. He looked up, glaring dangerously at Dani. What the hell was this? A damn confessional? He stood up, knowing the only way to get out was to scare her off.

Well then, looks like I'll just have to scare the living hell out of her. Azrael looked at her in the eye, walking closer and pushing her against the wall, his hands on either side of her head. "I will not apologize, but I know what I can do, maybe live up to my title. I'll have you die within a month and take your soul..." he said, smirking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 2:46 pm

Dani stood, her hands at her hips as she waited for his apology. She knew that some people needed more patience then others, but gee! He could have gotten a priest to yell at him for his rudenss and hateful attitude. As he got up she was about to open her mouth and ask him what she was doing, but was stopped when he pinned her against the wall. Being a girl who had seen her fair share of Lifetime movies, she had assumed that he was about to assault her. The fear was evident in her eyes until she heard him talk.

Her brow raised at his threat to kill her and then take her soul. Rolling her eyes, she sighed and started to carefully move his arms from the wall so that she could move. "Honestly. It's like pulling teeth to get one small apology." Dani mumbled underneath her breath. "You may have a bad reputation, but you're not scary. Not when a person really looks at you. I can see it in your eyes." Dani said, and then shook her head.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Azrael couldn't believe it! The damn girl wasn't scared! He gritted his teeth once more, agitated that he had to go to such lengths to get her to leave his domain. But, as soon as she started saying how his not being scary and that she could see it in his eyes, it made him think for a second. His eyes showed no more horror than his own presence. "What do you see then?" he asked, almost just making fun of Dani.

He couldn't help his curiosity. Most humans, especially at this age were terrified easily. It's not the same calling to the devil than to see it coming. Still, he wanted to know whether she was just fibbing or humoring him to get what she wanted: an apology.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Dani would be fibbing if she didn't admit that she was a tiny bit afraid of Azrael. Who in their right mind would be? He may not have been really tall like some of the football players, but he was built and had this way of looking about people that just made them shiver in her boots. She watched as he looked at her thoughtfully and then frowned once he asked her what was it that she saw in him.

"I just see this really obnoxious creep who thinks that he owns the place." Dani answered boldly. She cringed on the inside, already regrettign what she had said. Her big mouth tended to get her in trouble, and this obviously wasn't going to be any sort of exception. Great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}   ~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private} Empty

Back to top Go down

~*~Knocking on Death's Door~*~ {Private}
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next