The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cartoons Adapted into Movies

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cartoons Adapted into Movies Empty
PostSubject: Cartoons Adapted into Movies   Cartoons Adapted into Movies EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:14 pm

Not too long ago when I was with my friends to see a movie (Toy Story 3, if you're curious :3) I see a preview for the upcoming Smurfs movies, based off of the popular cartoon from the 1980's. While I heard a lot of people saying that they were excited to see the movie, I was personally nervous. The movie trailer didn't actually tell us what the movie was about and the tag line was simply "Get Smurfed!"

Fail. I'm sorry.

Personally I consider cartoons to be one of the best things to happen ever and to see such classical cartoons being milked for a crappy 70-90 minute film filled with fart jokes and over zealous pop culture references is unforgivable. To add to this I have also learned recently that A Yogi Bear movie and a Hong Kong Phooey movies are also in the works.

Basically this thread is to discuss your opinions on cartoons that have been adapted into movies, whether or not you like them, if you have any nostalgic memories and overall which ones should never be seen by the human eye ever again.

:]
Back to top Go down

Cartoons Adapted into Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoons Adapted into Movies   Cartoons Adapted into Movies EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:20 pm

After further researching the Smurfs movie I was able to find out that it is a Life Action/CGI film as well as a small synopsis...

Quote :
Set in the Middle Ages, the evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Azaria) discovers the Smurf's village and chases them into some woods. The Smurfs get scattered and Clumsy Smurf (voiced by Anton Yelchin) wanders into a "forbidden" grotto and some of the other Smurfs follow. Since it's also a blue moon, a magical portal within the grotto transports them into Central Park in New York.[3] They take shelter with a married couple (Neil Patrick Harris and Jayma Mays) and try to find a way back to their village before Gargamel finds them.

The movie has a star studded voice cast with Katy Perry as Smurfette, George Lopez as Grouchy Smurf, Jeff Foxworthy Handy Smurf, Paul Ruebens (PeeWee for those of you who don't know him) as Jokey Smurf and a cameo appearance by Wolfgang Puck as Chef Smurf.

After reading the synopsis I'm a little afraid. I really hope I can forgive some of these stars for this film.
Back to top Go down

Cartoons Adapted into Movies
Page 1 of 1