The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

.::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::. Empty
PostSubject: .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::.   .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:24 am

[Plot]::
A half-angel girl runs away from home to escape her parents one one cold, snow-covered night. She's obsessed with proving herself to others; so she fights, though she doesn't like to.
The night she leaves, she works herself until she passes out. That's when a vampire catches her and takes her to his home.

This vampire places her on his couch, in front of a burning fireplace before laying a blanket on top of her. When she wakes up, he offers her food and drink.

There is a pack of wolves living around the vampire's home. While the two are outside, the wolves attack them; the vampire protects the half-angel girl, getting hurt in the process, blood reddening the snow.

The half-angel girl takes him inside and cleans the blood from his wounds. She's afraid to heal him, since there's a 50% chance he would be healed, and a likely chance he would be killed.

Then, she remembers something her mother had taught her.
"If you ever find yourself in a situation that you feel you have to heal someone, but not sure if they will heal, remember the Angel's Kiss. It is such that, when you kiss that person and inject your energy into their body, you will be able to heal them no matter what. It's because their body will be used to your energy and will treat it as white blood cells, using it to fight off illness."

Before the half-angel girl can think of giving this vampire the Angel's Kiss, he wakes up and drinks from her, then kisses her. She ends up passing out from the loss of blood; he holds her until she wakes up. When she does, he says, "You have been vampiricly bitten, then kissed. Your aura is fleting and your body is cold. You can be healed, yes, but unless you drink of me, you will not."
[Meaning she can only be healed by his blood. I didn't get that at first XP]

------------------------------------------------------

[Rules]::
.Romance is encouraged
.Sex is to be implied/skipped
.No godmodding
.Your vampire cannot sparkle in the sun
.You may give your vampire any powers you wish [no more than 3]
.You must be at least semi-literate
.You can use an anime/real pic or describe the appearance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Character Skeleton]::
.Name
.Age [appearance and otherwise]
.Personality
.Powers
.Likes
.Dislikes
.Appearance

--------------

[My Character]::
.Name
Skye Lucro

.Age

.Personality
Likes to have fun
Sarcastic
Passive
To herself
Shy when it comes to boys
Caring

.Powers
Able to heal surface wounds [not bones or internal bleeding]
Able to pull her wings inside of her body; wings will appear as tatoos on her skin
Able to fly

.Likes
Warm places
Sweet foods/drinks
Quiet places

.Dislikes
Cold places
Crowds
Loud people
Spicy foods

.Appearance
[have to find a new pic O.o]

.Name.
Michael Stahlings

.Age.
Looks 19; Actually 167

.Personality.
Shy
Curious
Loves to learn new things
Not easily angered
Playful when comfortable

.Powers.
Able to control human minds for a limited time with huge cost
Can erase memories when needed

.Likes.
Music
Calm people
Luxurious surroundings
Exploring

.Dislikes.
Dramatic people
Places that are dirty or falling apart
Brainless/senseless people
Snobs
Feeling trapped

.Appearance.

.Starts when she wakes up on the couch in his home.
Ready?
.::Begin::.

Skye slowly came to, though her eyes were still closed and she made no noise.

Where am I? Nothing smells, feels, or sounds familiar... How did I get here?

She remembered running away from her home with only her purple bookbag, which had her clothes, bottles of water, some dehydrated food, a blanket, and her toothbrush. Things she needed to survive, right? Surprisingly, it had all fit into the bag. She'd idly wondered if she could fit her pencils and sketchbook, but she knew they'd probably be ruined from the snow.
Then she remembered going out into the woods to her regular training spot and training...

Oh, no...

Coming back to the present, she listened hard for any signs of life around her, keeping her face and body relaxed as if in sleep.

Michael sat in a large armchair near the fire. His eyes were distant as they stared into the fire, his mind wandering through memories. Every now and then, his light eyes would sneak a glance at the sleeping girl before they drifted back to the fire that was usually his focus through the long, lonely periods that frequented his life.

Finally growing uncomfortable, he shifted in his chair with a small sigh. Michael's very existance seemed to be wrapped in unmoving, unchanging things. He didn't even really know why he had this girl in his home. Any other day he would have scoffed at the very thought that he would save someone from the snow outside and take them into his home. He might have helped them, but not allowed them to enter his domain so completely like this.

Skye heard something move and sigh. At that moment, she opened her eyes and blinked, seeing a fire, which she'd heard of course. Slowly and cautiously, she raised her head and took a look around the room, stopping when her eyes fell on a young man who didn't look any older than a yaer older than her.

She stared at him for a whole minute before she spoke.
"I passed out, right? I mean, you didn't knock me out or anything," she asked, positioning herself into a sitting position and feeling her head for any bumps or bruises.
None; phew.

She wondered why he'd brought her to ... wherever they were.
"Where are we," she asked, looking back at the fireplace. It felt cozy, but she didn't want to get too comfortable. This guy could be a perverted freak, for all she knew.

Michael’s eyes snapped back to the girl when he heard her voice. Examining her in silence as she checked her head, he made no move, almost looking like a statue if it weren’t for the rise and fall of his chest and his searching eyes. Of course he usually looked like that.

“No, I didn’t knock you out or harm you in any other way.” He whispered after her second question. “You are in my home, and no, I have no intentions of doing anything to you other than helping you recover so you may be of to whatever you were working so hard at.” His voice was quiet, soft, but it managed to fill the room with a pleasant feeling of strength and knowledge.

Standing slowly, he took her hand with a great gentleness that wouldn’t be expected from the cold stiffness of his skin. Kissing her hand lightly, he let it drop back to her lap as he nodded. “I’m Michael Stahlings….Do you need something? Food, water?”

Skye looked back at him as he spoke. He looked powerful, in an inhuman way. She hoped he hadn't seen her wings, which were pulled into her body at the moment, and had left a tatoo of her white angel wings on her back, shoulders, and down her legs where they would have trailed down to.

"I see..." she replied quietly.

She was surprised at how cold his skin was; it had almost made her pull her hand back immediately. But then he was so gentle, it offered some reassurance. Some.

"My name is Skye Lucro," she introduced herself, feeling a bit cautious still. "I've got some food and water in my... Where's my bag?" She looked around for purple bookbag.

“By the hallway.” Michael replied, motioning to the door to the hallway before he walked over. “I’m afraid the snow got it pretty wet. I don’t know if you had anything important in it.” As he picked it up and brought it over to her, he sat it in her lap. It was dried from the fire’s warmth more or less.

Sinking back into his chair again, he watched her closely. “I’m sorry if I make you uncomfortable. I’m not used to people really being around. Very few venture out this far.” His voice didn’t lose any of its power or fluency, but a small hint of uncertainty laced in. He hadn’t meant to scare her or anything.

"Nothing really that important," she replied, unzipping her bag and taking out a packet of jerky. Her training had left her nearly starved. She wondered how long she'd been unconcious, but didn't voice the thought.

So he lives in isolation, she thought, hearing his next words. Interesting...

"How long have I been out," she asked, taking a bite of the jerky. She'd always liked the dried meat.

“A few hours. Not extremely long considering some of the other people I’ve seen.” Michael replied, eyes glued to the fire once more. He’d often found people passed out in the woods because they’d been too confident about their abilities and set out alone through the terrain. Sometimes he wondered what had happened to common sense in the time that he’d lived here.

Pale eyes drifting back to her, he frowned ever so slightly. “What exactly were you doing so far into the wilderness?” he asked slowly, eyes locked to her’s as if he were trying to pull the answer right from her mind.

"Well... It's a long story. In a nutshell, I don't like the way my family lives and I wanted to get away. I don't much like to fight, but I'm good at it; training helps me calm down some. Most of the time I train myself until I can't move. I guess that's what had happened when you found me," she took another bite of jerky, looking back to the fire. "It won't take long for me to recover. I'll be out of your hair then."

“Don’t worry about it, take as long as you feel like you need to.” Michael replied, waving a hand as if to brush the comment off.” Might I suggest you prepare a place to crash before you train that hard again though? This land might seem beautiful enough, but it’s deadly to those that aren’t prepared.”

"Thanks for your concern, but I can handle myself," she flashed him a small smile. "Just gotta make sure I don't lose my temper and get carried away, is all."

She was normally calm, but when she got angry, it's easy for her to over-react and lose her temper. She became nearly uncontrolable/unstoppable then.

"No need to worry about me. I'll be fine."

Nodding, Michael gracefully dropped the topic, turning back to the fire. A silence fell over them again for a few moments. It wasn’t a totally uncomfortable silence, but it felt old and natural, as if that was what this place was supposed to sound like. Nothing but the crackling of the fire and the wind blowing outside, of course that’s normally what it did sound like.

Finally turning to her, he smiled slightly. “Not meaning to pry, but for the sake of conversation……Did you not have any friends to turn to when the issues with your family came up? I mean it sounds a bit extreme to just wander out into the wilderness alone, even if it is to train.”

Skye was able to relax some during the silence that had passed, looking at the fire and taking a few more bites of the beef jerky.

"My family has plenty of friends. Way more than I can count. Some of them live too far away," like in Heaven, she added mentally to herself. "And some of them live even to the more extreme than my parents do. There's no in-the-middle compromise. That's just how it is," she shrugged. Well, there is... But I'd rather not go that route. Rouge angels, fallen angels... She shuddered, not liking those thoughts in the least.

“I see….” Michael nodded. “I can’t imagine what it must feel like, leaving your family and such.” His eyes were a little distant as he shook his head, going over the few memories he had left of any type of family, faded by time. Looking back to her with a mildly embarrassed smile, he held a hand up as if being caught with something. “Like I said, I didn’t mean to pry, just wondering.” He said kindly.

She smiled and shrugged. "No big deal." Was it bad that she was getting too relaxed around this man? He was powerful, no doubt about it. It seemed he really did only want to help.

This is what happens when you're raised by paranoid angels, she grumbled mentally.

She finished off her jerky and looked at him. "Can I use your bathroom, please," she asked politely. She felt filthy and wanted to take a shower.

“Oh, of course.” Michael said, motioning toward the hallway that her bag had been sitting next to earlier. “It’s the third door on the left, right before you reach the stairs.” Shifting, he stood when she did, much like the old time gentlemen would. Of course had lived when such habits were normal, some habits could never be broken it seemed.

"Thank you," she smiled and stood, looking at him curiously and warily as he stood at the same time. Picking up her bag, she followed his directions, looking around the house curiously, at the same time keeping him within her line of vision at the corner of her eye.

Opening the bathroom door, she looked around curiously for a second before she closed it, locking the door behind her. She hoped he didn't have a key to the door, though he probably did. She sighed to herself.

Stop being so paranoid. You're turning into your parents, she told herself, taking off her clothes and turning on the water, looking around to see if she needed anything. There was already soap and shampoo, so she focused on getting the water a comfortable temperature before turning the water to come out of the shower head, and climbing in, closing the curtain behind her.

Not so much as taking a step in her direction, Michael sat down once she’d reached the hallway, looking to the fire again. He could since how uncomfortable she was around him. It was normal to an extent though. Being a vampire, most things had a natural aversion to him. Who wanted to be around something that could kill you anyway? Once he’d heard the water turn on he wandered down another hall, stepping into a room lines floor to ceiling with books, he didn’t even look at what he picked up, grabbing a book and heading back to his chair. Flipping it open, he began to read. He’d already read this book many times before so he zipped through the pages quickly,
Back to top Go down
https://beanscorner.forumotion.net
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

PostSubject: Re: .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::.   .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:25 am

Skye finished her shower fairly quickly, then dried off and brushed her teeth, then her hair, and got dressed. Feeling completely refressed, she tied her hair back in a ponytail in the middle of the back of her head; her hair trailed down to her shoulderblades in lose curls.

She walked back out to the room she'd woken up in and laid her bookbag by the couch. "Thank you," she told him and sat back down on the couch, looking at the fire.

“You’re welcome.” Michael chuckled, looking up from his book. “You know, you’re not obligated to stay in this room, you can explore if you wish. I’m not very secretive about my home. Although I’d have to apologize for the dust, most of the house doesn’t get used.” He could sense her unease around him and felt bad for it. If she felt more comfortable wandering or alone, he would gladly allow it.

She looked at him, surprised he trusted her in his house. "Thank you, but it's alright. I'm still a little tired and it's cozy in here," she offered him a smile and went back to looking at the fire, watching the flames dance curiously.

Nodding, Michael was about to turn back to his book when a howl echoed outside. Turning his eyes to the covered windows, he frowned. It had to be close to midnight for the wolves to already be active. "Well thats a sign that going outside won't be safe until morning." he mumbled, shaking his head. Sometimes he really disliked the animals.

Skye jumped, hearing the wolves howl. "Goodness. How far out into the forest do you live," she asked him. It had to be pretty far for the echo to sound so close.

"Very far into it." Michaeel mumbled, rubbing his neck. "And that's no echo, that's the actual wolf. They live all around here. That's why you can't go outside once you hear their howl."

"Oh, wow," she looked behind her, towards a window. "I wonder..." she looked at him. "Not to pry or anything, but why would you want to live so far out?" She figured most vampires would want to live right in the middle of human activity

"Like I've said. I'm not much of a people person. And I know it's odd, but I tend to be kind of shy." Michael admitted, rubbing his neck. "I get uncomfortable around large groups of people, and I don't particularly like the feeling of being on the outside, watching life walk right by."

"I see," she said, looking back at the window. "How long until it's gone, usually," she asked curiously. She didn't want to be stuck in his house forever, she had to leave sometime. Maybe within the next day or two.

"They're only around at night. Don't worry. By the time the sun rises they'll be gone." Michael smiled slightly. "I have a guest bedroom whenever you wish to use it."

She smiled. "You're very kind. Thank you." She was beginning to loosen up around him. He definitely wasn't like his power suggested, what she'd observed and thought of him before. She was still careful to be cautious, though.

Michael laughed quietly, shaking his head. "I'm just acting how I was raised." he replied. Standing, he through another large log on the fire. "And I can't very well let a lady sleep on the couch and not have a guilty conscience.

"Wow. Not many guys say that. What's the catch," she asked, teasing now. This showed she had, indeed, loosened up considerably.

“No catch.” Michael grinned. “Chivalry isn’t completely dead after all. You just have to look for it.” Of course since he was a vampire you might consider anything he did dead, but he felt that as long as he remained a respectable creature, he was as alive as anyone else.

"I see. Alright, then. Do you need help with anything," she asked, wanting to help him out somehow to repay him.

What do you mean?" Michale asked, tilting his head in confusion. Why would she ask that of him? She seemed to be the one in need of help since she was the one that had passed out.

Do you need help dusting anything? I could help with that," she offered. "Shouldn't take up too much energy, right?"

“Oh no, I couldn’t ask you to do anything. You’re my guest after all, no host in his right mind would ask a guest to work.” Michael said quickly, shaking his head. It was clear in his tone and on his face that the idea of asking her to do anything was absolutely ridiculous to him.

"I want to repay you somehow," she told him. "Dusting is a simple task. One I could work on before I leave." She was, again, surprised at him. With how strong he was, she assumed he'd want to do more with it. Like control people or something. I guess not, she thought.

"I don't need any repayment. It's just a relief to see that you're alright. It would be a shame for a pretty girl like you to be hurt." Michael smiled, he could control people when he had to, but it took a lot of energy out of him so he never really tried unless he had no other choice.

Skye looked at him curiously. "If you're sure. If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask," she told him. She jumped, hearing another howl. It sounded closer this time.

"The only thing I could use some help with is finding some wolf repelant." Michael sighed, glancing at the windows again. "This pack can be very annoying sometimes."

"I'm afraid I don't know anything," she admitted, looking to the window. "What do you think is attracting them to your house? That howl seemed closer..."

“They’re probably just hungry, looking for scraps. The nearest town is a good days walk from here and the people there have figured out ways of keeping the wolves away, I don’t have that luxury here.” Michael replied, shaking his head. “One of the many difficulties of solitary life.” He sighed.

"Maybe get an air-shot gun. I think that's what they're called. The ones that shoot plastic pellets," she suggested with a shrug. "It won't hurt them, but it should teach them to stay away."

Michael thought over it, nodding slightly. “That might work. If I can shoot them before they get too close at least. They are fast.” He mumbled before looking toward her. “That’s what you could do for me, if you want. If I give you the money for it and guide you to the nearest town, would you be able to get one for me?” he asked quietly.

"Well... I'd need to be registered to handle a gun. To be registered, you have to take this however-many-weeks-long test. It's a long process. I don't want to bother you for too long," she said sheepishly. "Otherwise, I'd have no problem at all, doing it for you."

“Of course, I had forgotten how hard it is to get weapons from humans.” Michael nodded with a heavy sigh. “Yet another reason why I don’t associate with humans often, they’re all paranoid.”

"Tell me about it," she sighed, shaking her head. "Though I guess I'm not really one to talk. I'm sorry," she smiled sheepishly.

“It’s quite fine, I understand your meaning.” Michael smiled slightly. “I’ll just find some other way to deal with these overgrown pests.” His voice would occasionally catch a lofty and distant quality to it as if his mind had been sucked away into some far off memory for a few brief moments before he came gracefully back to reality. He couldn’t help but feel like he was too old to be trying to explain and shield himself from this angel’s eyes. He had nothing against her, but angels did have a tendency to become overcritical of his kind, ‘demon spawn’ as vampires were sometimes referred to.

Skye caught her self yawning. "Oh, excuse me. Guess I'm still a little tired..." She did still feel worn out; maybe in the morning she'd collect some sunlight - it would heal her faster and give her more energy. She wrapped the blanket around her and snuggled into the couch.

“I can show you to a nice guest bedroom if you want.” Michael offered, he didn’t want her to feel like se had to sleep on the couch like some beggar.

She smiled and shook her head. "No, it's okay. Your couch is comfy," she yawned tiredly.

Nodding, Michael stood from his chair. Throwing in a few more pieces of wood, he bowed slightly to her. “If you wish to stay here, then I’ll wish you a good night. I forget that most people require more rest than I.” he said slowly, with a small smile. Turning, he made his way from the room, disappearing into the darkness of a hallway. He’d wait out the rest of the night in another of the rooms.

She smiled. "Thanks again for letting me stay here," she said quietly, relaxing into the couch.

Michael heard her thanks and a small 'your welcome' was all that she got in return. Withen a few seconds of disappearing into the hall, a door could be heard open and close and then silence filled the expansive house, the crackling of the fire all that was left.

Listening to the cozy sound of the fire crackling, Skye let her eyes close and her mind wander while her body slept. She pondered what to do about the wolves, as well as where she would go once she was fully recovered. Soon, the warmth from the fire and the blanket around her relaxed her body into a deep enough sleep to where her mind stayed inactive, save for focusing on breathing and keeping her heart beating.

Michael waisted the night away by a window. He'd read occasionally, but the book held little interest to him. Often enough he'd just sit there, not thinking or moving. He was sure that soon enough he'd be ready to find a knew home far off on a moutain, letting himself experience what would more or less equal a death to a vampire. Lapsing into thoughtlessness, body not moving for centuries until he eventually became one with the rocks and trees around him, nature taking him back into it's clutches. It was a peaceful death for a world-weary vampire like himself.

Skye groaned, waking up to the sound of howling and scratching at the door and windows. She sat up groggily, cranky, and looked at the window, shrieking and falling off the couch when she saw a wolf snarling and scratching at the glass. She hadn't yet realized that her wings had reveled themselves as she'd slept; they wrapped themselves around her as if they were extra arms, hugging her.

Michael was in the hallway in an instant, a small breeze that smelt of old books and something distinctly sweet following him. Glancing at her, his eyes only lingered an extra second on her wings. He’d been pretty sure of her origins before, so he wasn’t too surprised. Her blood had smelled too pure to be a human’s. Going over to the window, Michael banged on the glass once, shouting some old language, clearly his usual tongue, at the animal and it backed off a little ways.

Skye stood up, her wings slipping from around her body and hanging behind her. "Thank you," she murmured. "I'm sorry; it startled me," she admitted, looking down. She looked back up at him, then looked past him to the wolf. "I think he was trying to get in..."
Back to top Go down
LovesLostHope

LovesLostHope

PostSubject: Re: .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::.   .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::. EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:37 am

"They're always trying to get in." Michael nodded. Closing the curtains, he shook his head. "I guess I should've warned you that they do come up to the house sometimes. I'm sorry." he said, looking over to her. "I hope he didn't scare you too bad."
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

PostSubject: Re: .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::.   .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::. EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:42 am

"I'm alright," she promised. "But... maybe it would be a better idea if I used that room you offered," she said sheepishly. She hated to mess up his bathroom, his couch, then the extra bedroom, but she'd rather not wake up to another wolf clawing its way into the window.
Back to top Go down
LovesLostHope

LovesLostHope

PostSubject: Re: .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::.   .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:37 am

Michael nodded slightly. "This way." he motioned, lighting a candle and leading her down a hall. Opening a door, he revealed a massive bedroom. Going over to the fireplace, he tossed in a few logs from a stack of wood hidden in a bin. Within a few moments a roaring fire was going, the room starting to warm. With the new light in the room, it quickly became obvious that most things in the room were very expensive, and most of the furniture antique. "I hope this will work for the night." he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

PostSubject: Re: .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::.   .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:33 am

Skye looked around the expensive-looking room in wondrous awe. "Wow," she murmured. "Yes, thank you," she answered. "I'm sorry to dirty two rooms. Well, three," she corrected herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::.   .::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::. Empty

Back to top Go down

.::[Re]::. .::An Angel's Kiss::. or .::A Vampire's Bite::.
Page 1 of 1