The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers Empty
PostSubject: Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers   Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:36 am

Alright, this thread is all about cover songs. The ones that you love and that you hate. This is where users can debate the best cover songs, and then absolute worst ones that should have never been done. Feel free to state why you like certain cover songs, and why you dread ever hearing them. Please be kind to your fellow forum users. Alright, thank you! Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers 336608

One of my favorite cover songs would have to have be Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Jefferson's Starship redone by the Starting Line.

Jefferson's Starship Version:

Starting Line Version:

I have plenty more favorite covers, but I currently can't think of them.

All of my least favorite cover songs would have to be any cover that Ashely Tisdale has done in the past two years. She touched several songs from the '80's that she should have left alone! One of those being Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.

Rick Astley Version:

Ashley Tisdale Version:

Alright, everyone, here is my first argument: Should Ashley Tisdale be forgiven for mutilating such a beautiful, slow song meant to be about finding pure love? Her new version, a more bounce- bounce club version, does it deserve to be acknowledged, or should it be forgotten completely?

Let the debating begin! Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers 39953

Last edited by EpicFaerieTale on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Sassy ;D
Stocking Full of Goodies
Sergeant Sassy ;D

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers   Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Lols, I don't know about the first song you mentioned, but Rick Astley was a total beast and so was that song so why Ashley Tisdale went and fucked it up, God will only know. That'll be one of the questions I ask him when I die... I love gettin Rick Rolled, it makes me laugh everytime.
Back to top Go down
http://miss0britt.chatango.com

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers   Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 6:31 pm

I have come across another cover of one of my favorite songs. I have mixed feelings about it, not sure if I want to hate or like it.

The song is Smooth Criminal orignally performed by Michael Jackson (R.I.P 1958-2009)

Michael Jackson Version:

And the cover is done by a band called Alien Ant Farm;

Alien Ant Farm Version:

Comments?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers   Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite and Not-so-Favorite Covers
Page 1 of 1