The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Overrated Musicians

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Overrated Musicians Empty
PostSubject: Overrated Musicians   Overrated Musicians EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 pm

As much as I would love to be the first person to start the debate I really don't know where to begin. This threat is to discuss the musicians who you think don't deserve the fame that they've reached. Be kind and intelligent. Everyone has the right to an opinion. Begin! :]
Back to top Go down
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Musicians   Overrated Musicians EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Well. I know what you're going to say. you think the Beatles are overrated. Ok maybe they are overrated but that is the fans' fault for making them that popular.

To me The Beatles are musicians that deserve to be praised. They help bring a huge culture sharing music between England and America. We probably would not have such great artists such has Queen, Elton John, and Phil Collins if it wasn't for the British invasion. You have to look at this as what global thing did these musicians do. As far as I am aware Paul McCartney is involved in charities and is still trying to bring about change.

If it wasn't for Woodstock the invention of birth control wouldn't have happened. Hippies may have had their problem with drugs but not all hippies were like that. They promoted love and help bring an end to a war.

So saying the Beatles are overrated is an understatement. They have helped bring around changes within the American culture.

With that defense I am greatly bored with Lady gaga and Katey Perry. Their music has nothing interesting about it. Disney music is more exciting and emotional then their music. They synthesize 3 or more notes and create a beat and keep playing that over and over again to some weird song. If you listen to Bad Romance you hear the beat and the same notes. Dat dat dat dat dat in about 3/4 tempo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Musicians   Overrated Musicians EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Gabe, with all due respect: What the hell are you talking about? Birth Control was around way before Woodstock, way back in the early 20's and maybe even a little sooner. And I know what I'm talking about because I took a test about it in history not too long ago.

And I still think that the Beatles are overrated. Their songs really aren't that great. I mean Let it Be is powerful and all and here Comes the Sun can cheer anyone up but that song about wanting to hold someone's hand is silly. I admit that they had a great accomplishment with having so many songs when the band itself was around for such a little time but still. Quality over quantity.

And while Katy Perry and Lady GaGa are more mainstream and do what is in for the most part they have both proven that they are both actually very unique artists. I hate to break it to you but if the Beatles were still around they'd probably do what ever it would take for them to sell CD's too. It's called greed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Musicians   Overrated Musicians Empty

Back to top Go down

Overrated Musicians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mystic Forest Roleplay :: Discussion :: Music-
Jump to: