The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Song and a Rhyme

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:49 pm

While he yelled at her and called her names all she could think about was the fact that he hadn't answered her question. When he slammed the money down on the table she watched him walking away before picking it up and seeing he had only put down a five dollar bill. Scoffing she took out her credit and waited for the waiter to come back. When he did she was pleased to see it was with her drink. While she drink from it she handed him her credit card and thanked him for his lovely service.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Nathaniel scoffed as he got into his car, shaking his head. How could he have blown up?! He slammed his hands onto the car wheel and held his head, sighing. So much for a good face rub in eh? "Geez, you think after a few years I could handle her little smart ass attitude.." he mumbled to himself, shaking his head again and closing his eyes. Five dollar bill or not, he decided he'd try to make it up to her, somehow.... He then turned on his car, driving onto the main road and off to his own home downtown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 pm

She didn't want his charity or to even have to ever see him again. He had been right to accuse her of believing that she was above him because it was the truth. Mandy viewed herself as a plane high in the school and Nathaniel as a little, insignificant speck on the ground. Sometimes. Admittedly there were a few times where she felt more like a telephone pole than a plane but that was still higher up. She could see now that he was still immature like she had expected. It was hardly something to brag about that he was dating a model who's hay day had been two years ago or to even have his songs being played on the local radio. Who cared if the song that had once gotten her all misty eyes and pulse pounding was now doing the same to girls all over the state? Not her. As she reached her car she got in and gripped the steering wheel tightly before driving off.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Nathaniel hadn't wanted anything to do with her. But since the little meeting, he knew he had to up her. He had to play fire with fire or else he'd never live it down. Within the next few days in the week, he had decided to make his first music video based on that one song he had played. The one song that always was dear to his heart, just as Mandy was those years ago. He had included his current girlfriend, Sarah, in it. He had some malice in him, of course, but he couldn't help it. He might as well make a video out of something he actually meant a couple of years ago, and still holds dear to his heart just like he did for Mandy back then. God, when he thought back to those many years ago, it made him wonder just what went wrong. Just as he watched the video a third time, out of the few scenes in it, one stood out in particular that he added. The one day that Mandy had lost her grandmother through a heart attack. She was devastated when she heard from her heartbroken grandpa through the phone, eventually she had cried her eyes out and rushed out of the house. He went after her of course, and eventually he came up with this song...for her. He lost his smirk, lost in nostalgia. Sarah then came around into the room and noticed his mood change. "Baby?" she said softly as she hugged him around the shoulders from behind. "I'm fine." he said, turning his head around and kissing her softly with a smile. Meanwhile, Simon had pondered a lot about why Mandy had come home a few days ago all pissed and flustered. He had meant to ask her, but never brought it up really. Until he found her in the kitchen and then hugged her as well. "Babe, what was it that happened on Monday?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Mandy was quiet for a few minutes and sighed. It really wouldn't be smart to bring it up and if she were it would only be inevitable that Simon would get upset. "Oh, it wasn't anything too rough. I just got stiffed with paying the tab so I'm a little upset with my lunch date." she answered, later regretting her choice of words. "Either way," she said, stepping out of his arms, "I'm going to be alright."
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:10 pm

((The names were click-able XD if ya didn't hold the mouse over to see if it was~))

Simon sighed, watching her now get uncomfortable. "Obviously it's bothering. Just what is it? I'm a big boy." he said, shrugging as he leaned against the counter and grabbing a piece of toast he had set aside for himself a while before he went to the kitchen a second time after getting dressed. Plus, with the words "lunch date" he wondered just what the gender of this date was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:23 am

"I told you," she said, getting a little bit annoyed by his lack of trust in her. "I got stiffed with the check on that really pissed me off." Sighing, she knew better than to snap at Simon mostly because it wasn't his fault that she had been unlucky enough to share a lunch with someone as greasy and pathetic as Nathaniel. "Just like you're a big boy I'm a girl and I'm going to be alright."

(I noticed.)
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 am

((Sorry, I'm just really out of it o-o..))

Simon sighed, looking away. He knew about Nathaniel's slow success, but he didn't know that they had met up just those few days ago. "Alright, I got it. Don't bite my head off." he said, backing off as he bit into the toast and looked away from her. He didn't want to deal with her hormones at the moment, not this early in the morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:50 pm

(Nah, we all have those nights where we can't stay focused.)
Her hormones were just fine! What was bothering her was the fact that Nathaniel had never answered her as to why he had invited her to lunch. If it really was all so that he could just rub his recent fame into her nose then he really was just as juvenile as he had been in high school. Sighing, Mandy left the kitchen and went to finish preparing for work. Once she had applied her make up she was ready to go and gave Simon a kiss on the cheek before leaving. While she was still only working for a newspaper she felt that she was moving up, mostly because today she was going to be interviewing someone.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:31 pm

((Heck yeah o-o..))

Nathaniel was actually the one in question to be interviewed that same day as well. He stood in the waiting room, avoiding some of the looks some of the ladies walking through were giving him. "Sir, our interviewer should be coming in around half an hour, so I apologize for the wait." the woman at the desk told him, sighing as she went back to doing files on the computer. God, she hated her work! He only sighed, nodding also as he leaned back and closed his eyes. Simon however forgave her just a bit as he was given a kiss on the cheek as she left for work. "Jesus, how I'd love to be a fly on the wall with that girl." he chuckled, getting ready for work himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 12:21 am

"Crap!" Mandy growled, seeing that she was late for Christmas. Sighing softly and brushing some hair from her eyes she finally reached the newspaper building. Getting out of her car she ran into the building, ignoring amused looks from her colleagues. She didn't neeed to be given any garbage right then. Oncd she reached the interviewing room she stopped dead in her tracks seeing that it was Nathaniel.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:06 am

Nathaniel grimaced as he heard familiar clacking of heels came around the corner and soon into his view revealing that it was his ex. "Oh...you're the interviewer?" he asked, his voice full of sarcastic surprise. He stood, smiling and holding out his hand. "Let's just pretend we're good and don't know each other for the sake of our reputations, ok?" he said quietly as he shook her hand. "Oh, Mandy, finally!" the lady at the desk said, smiling and saying hello, mouthing that she thought Nathaniel was hot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:56 am

Mandy rolled her eyes when the receptionist did this and then sighed softly. "Alright, Nathaniel." she answered, taking a seat across from him. "I suppose the best way to start is to ask what was it that first got you interested in music?" It annoyed her to ask this because she already knew the answer. Even if they hated eachother now they had been closer than anything before.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Nathaniel sighed as he sat back down and looked back at her. He was tempted to just go all out and lie. That it wasn't because of Mandy that he went into music, that it was just his 'calling'. Still, he couldn't do it. He rubbed his chin and shrugged. "I guess certain people pushed me into it, including this one girl but, that was a long time ago." he said, faking his smile though it was almost too real. "I've already gotten my first video out from under wraps, so, be checking it out soon on MTV this Thursday." he grinned, actually excited about it. Though, part of him was laughing since he knew it would piss her off, that one scene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Mandy scribbled down a few notes on her writing pad, but only enough to make it look like she genuinely hadn't known the answer. "That's interesting," she commented. "You have a music video coming out? Would you care to give us a synopsis of the video? The story behind the song?" There, give him a question with more words than he could understand.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Nathaniel smirked a little and nodded. "Oh yeah, no problem. Just basically the kind of love all girls want. A guy who cares for you and goes above and beyond for you....Loyal. Loving. You know?" he said, staring into her eyes with great nostalgia. He gulped down the anger and swelling of feelings and looked away. "You'll know once you see it. It's harder to describe than just seeing it. I included a special person in my heart though, but that's as far as I'll reveal." he chuckled, smiling with a bit of pride. "It was just a bit of insight into my own life..when I was younger. Like we all were, you know? The summer romance that never fully bloomed." he said, a sharpness to the sentence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:51 pm

"Summer romance?!" she guffawed, quickly stopping herself. They had been together through most of high school and the earlier parts of college. For him to have the nerve- the balls! - the refer to what they had as a simple summer romance was an insult. Grinding her teeth, she offered him a brief glare before going on to her next question. "Do you have any more singles planned to come out soon? Songs, I mean. Not the ammount of money you put in strippers g-strings..."
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Nathaniel smiled, enjoying a bit of her anger. Had he ever referred to her? "Who's to say it was about you?" he whispered harshly under his breath, losing his smile and looking over her as if in disgust. He then leaned back in the chair, clearing his throat. "And yes, plenty of songs that are in progress. My second single should be coming out next year if not early next fall. I'll stop on the details but, I'll be approaching music a different way." he said, nodding as he smiled. The lady at the desk had no clue but she knew that Mandy was pissed, and for what reason she had no clue but the intention to find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:00 pm

I know that it's about me because you wrote that song for my birthday, she wanted to say. Shaking her head, she knew better than to do that not only because it was mixing work with pleasure but also because the receptionist was one of the nosiest gossip mongers in all of her work station. Clenching on her pen tightly she sighed and nodded her head. "Oh, that's interesting. How would you describe your music now?"
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:07 pm

"Too..focused on romance. There's other topics I could write on, a lot surrounding my life and those of others that relate to it." Nathaniel answered, shrugging a bit. Obviously he could see the desire in Mandy to want to probably punch his lights out, but he could care less. He looked at his watch, whistling. "So how long is this interview supposed to last?" he asked, smiling. Now he really wanted to push her buttons, especially for last time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Mandy bit her lip trying to hold back a barrage of insults. She wanted to point out to him that he still wasn't famous enough for him to be so laidback and insulting at an interview, especially when his name was hardly a household topic. One of her hands on her lap balled into a fist and she fought the urge to not slug him hard in the face. "Not too much longer." she finally answered, her voice sharp. "Just a few more minutes of your precious time." she mocked.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Nathaniel chuckled, enjoying the fact that she wouldn't risk her job to just slug him. "Excuse me for my insult. I didn't meant to sound rude. Uh, continue?" he said, smiling and leaning forward, 'interested' in her questions. Honestly though, he thought they were meager questions. Still, he wouldn't push it, these were rare to come by as he was rising up the long ladder of success.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:23 pm

She was quiet for a few minutes before looking up at him with a thoughtful expression. "How long were you into your fame before you decided to change you name." Mandy asked, a grin on her face. There. That would shut him up and get that stupid look off of your face. "I seem to recall you have a different name. A much more common name, actually." she prodded.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Nathaniel's eyes widened a bit as he grunted and realized she was now grabbing him by a vice. Shit. He cleared his throat, rubbing his face a bit out of nervousness. "What are you talking about?" he asked, raising a brow. He now really wanted to just push her or something! He knew that if she revealed that..god, he could be ruined!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Mandy grinned, enjoying seeing the bastard squirm like the worm that he trully was beneath his designer clothes and cocky attitude. "Your name," she repeated, an amused look in her eyes as she said it. "What prompted you to change it?" She knew that it was a bit cruel to make him answer that question especially when most people didn't even know that he had changed his name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next