The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Song and a Rhyme

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:52 pm

In high school they were considered the dream couple and were envied by all. At the senior prom they were voted Prom King and Queen and shared their magical spot light dance with one another. They both graduated from college being very much in love and wanting to spend their lives together. Sadly, it seemed, love could not stand the test of time. Two years after graduating they break up after a misunderstanding and do not see or hear from each other in five years.

Three years later the girl is engaged to be married and the big dead is only a month away. Just as she is driving off to a store for some last minute shopping she hears a familiar song on the radio. The song that her ex-boyfriend had written for her so many years ago. Not too long after she hears his song she gets a phone call from him asking to have dinner with him.

Reluctantly she accepts though she is not prepared for the trouble that it unleashes…

Hey guys! :] Here is a pretty simple plot that I thought would be fun to try out. I need the part of the ex-boyfriend/ musician.

I just want to point out that I don’t personally know what the big misunderstanding was to break this couple up. I think I’d be fun to just work it out in the rp and let the chips fall where they may.

Character Profile
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other: (Maybe what’s he’s been up to for the past five years, why he contacted her for dinner, why his song is on the radio…)

Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Name: Mandy Torres
Appearance: A Song and a Rhyme Prettygirl-1
Height: 5’5 Weight: 115
Personality: In school Mandy was just a little bit below having a Type A personality. While she worked diligently in school and in extra curricular activities it was not to the point that she did not have a social life and didn’t enjoy herself to chill with a few beers and party. Seven years after graduating she is a little less “chillax” and a lot more No Nonsense. She has been a bit nervous about her wedding which has been pushed back twice already and has been experiencing cold feet for the past few months.
Other:
While Mandy tends to blame her ex for their break up there are several things wrong that she did in their relationship, such as having a pregnancy scare that she never told her ex about.

While Mandy is currently a newspaper journalist she has dreams of eventually being a anchorwoman of a news show.

Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Name: "Nathaniel Haynes" (Really known as Daniel Taylor)

Appearance: A Song and a Rhyme ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZx3
Height: 6'0 Weight: 135
Personality: In high school, he was an all average joe. Not too cocky (unless it came to beer pong) and always very polite. Of course he had his mishaps of partying with the boys too hard and pissing off his then girlfriend, but he knew how to keep it under control when needed. Since College, he's been more serious, but also more outgoing and less to take any bs and just wants the straight out truth. But since making it (almost barely) as a singer/song writer, he's been more solo-ish than with an agent. He can take care of himself, basically.

Other: He usually tends to blame Mandy as the one to end it all. The only real thing he held from her was when he thought he had gotten her pregnant when the condom had slipped off. But of course, it seemed to work out well if she still was fine the next month. He never told her then. He hopes to have a good future in music, perhaps even beyond.

Last edited by †MoonlightSonata† on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:12 am

(Lol, alright :] I guess I'll post now)

As Mandy reached the red light she briefly glanced down at her watch the check the time. It was going to be another fifteen minutes until lunch and she knew that she was twenty minutes from the restaurant. Shrugging her shoulders, she reached up to brush some hair from her eyes. Why had she agreed to go to this lunch anyway? Before she could further ponder it the light turned green and she drove off.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Nathaniel sighed, waiting at the table he reserved at the restaurant with patience running thin. Sometimes he wondered why he even called her or went so far as to track her down. Honestly though, he was curious as to what she was up to or who she was with. Hell, he just wanted to also rub in her face that he made it as an artist. (or at least somewhat. He's getting popular..) He sighed, checking his watch and tapping on the table impatiently as he waited.
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Mandy arrived at the restaurant ten minutes later though she could not bring herself to be remorseful. She hadn't seen Nathaniel in five years and to be honest she didn't have much of a desire to come face to face with the pretty boy. As she walked over to the matre dai' she found herself once again blaming their break up on him and not once thinking about what she could have possibly done to make the magic go away.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Nathaniel sighed, standing up and smiling (a fake one that he mastered a long time before this day) as she came to the table by the help of the matre dai'. "Well, hello again, Mandy." he said, pulling out her chair for her and then taking his own seat. She surely changed over the five years, maybe not in stature, but in shape. He cleared his throat, a little twinkle in his eye. "So..how are you?" he asked, his hands over the table and folded over each other as he nervously looked down. He felt it was her fault, really, and almost hoped she would apologize. First.
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:18 pm

"Hello, Nathaniel." she said in response, taking a seat. He may have thought that he was big because some of his songs were being played on the radio but that meant nothing to her. Who cared if the song he had written for her birthday was now playing on the local radio for many women to hear? She had stopped carrying about him a long time ago. "I'm fine." she answered, wiping at her eye while in reality she was flashing her engagement ring.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 am

((Ohoh...I like this character already! >Very Happy Interesting to break down the wall soon enough.))

Nathaniel chuckled, noticing the big ring on her hand. What a douche, really. Still, he hadn't really cared for her in a long time. She broke his heart, why bother asking why? "Well..I see you're engaged? Married maybe?" he asked as he raised a brow and smiled. Really, he found it hilarious. Someone else found her to be a good woman? Interesting.
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:15 am

(Which character? Mine or yours?)

She broke his heart? She broke his heart?! He had left her devastated not to mention he had the balls- the audacity!- the release her birthday song on the radio air waves as if he hadn't written it for anyone! Smiling softly, she rested her hand under her chin. "Engaged." she answered, running a finger along the rim of her drinking glass. "The big day isn't too far away. The first Saturday of next month." He could think whatever he wanted about her, she didn't give a damn. "How about you? I guess you're a big star now that your songs are playing in local radio." Her voice was a tad bit sarcastic and it was obvious she didn't believe that he had done anything with his life.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:21 am

((Hell, yours! XD))

Nathaniel grunted as she made herself so stuck up as to correct him. He watched as her finger ran along the rim of the glass, feeling his jaws clench. He wanted to tell her off so badly, but it would be ridiculous and foolish. "Hm, nice. Who's the guy?" he asked, feeling a bit jealous, but not really once he reminded himself of what he didn't want to have: her. It may be harsh, whatever, but he didn't care for her either. They both were sour for each other which fit him just fine. "Not too big yet, but I'm getting there...any songs you found familiar?" he asked, holding back a smirk as he rubbed his chin and drank his water.
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:27 am

She smiled. "Oh, you might remember him actually. He was one of my friends in college, I'm sure you met a few times." The few times they had met they had absolutely hated eachother. "You remember, Simon Hamilton?" Simon came from a wealthy family and he had currently gottne a degree in cartiology. After such a long time in school he was going to be an open heart surgeon. Aside from being wealthy he was also attractive, smart and very clean cut, almost the polar opposite of Nathaniel. He had always hated Nathaniel because he had felt that he was the one who forced Mandy to go to keggers and have sex. He was the sort of uptight snobby straight A student that everyone want to school with and secretly hated.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 am

Simon Hamilton? Really!? Nathaniel felt his hands twitch at the very mention of his name. So the smug son of a gun actually went ahead and swooped down to take what was his left overs? How 'honorable' of the bastard. "Yeah, I remember the guy. Kind of a snobby asshole, but I remember him." he said, smiling a little. But of course, he would never admit to being emasculated. Never! He cracked his knuckled, chuckling. "Well, how did that happen?" he asked, really actually curious as to how that snobby little boy got his girl or rather, his ex. She was obviously out of his league!
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:36 am

Mandy raised a brow when he refered to Simon as a snobby asshole and shook her head. Someone was being a child. When he asked her how they had started to date, she smiled. "Well I will be honest, I hadn't really seen him in any sort of way for a while. It was nearing the end of the year and I needed help finishing my thesis and studying for finals. He offered to help me and to study and told me that if I were to get straight A's he would take me out to dinner as a congratulations. To my own surprise I did and I ended up having a great night with him. No one had ever shown my such a good time or had treated me so well." She grinned as she said this, fully insulting him as she went on.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 am

Nathaniel grunted, losing the smile but shrugging. "Eh,good for you. I've had a few girls along the way, but I'm settling with this one girl right now. Sarah Kline, I'm sure you've seen her in a magazine or two?" he said, smiling but really laughing on the inside. This girl was a model for like Cosmopolitan or even Victoria's Secret. She was no stranger to photo taking either. She knew she was looking good and showed it. "So, I guess that makes two of us, taken." he emphasized the word, nodding as he saw the waiter and took his menu, having the waiter hand Mandy's menu to her.
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:47 am

"Congratulations." she commented, opening up her menu. Of course she had heard of Sarah Kline, being a regular subscriber to Victoria's Secret catalog. Sarah Kline's prime years had been back in 2007-2008. Mandy knew this and smiled thoughtfully to herself. "I don't see her as much in the magazine's anymore." she added thoughtfully, sifting through the menu. "I suppose she's been declining jobs?" Though she knew that no model would turn down a spread for Victoria's secret. Sarah Kline was getting old. "Or," she chuckled, "Is she getting a bit on," she laughed. "tubby side." Looking up at him with a raised brow she gave him a look that was an obvious challenge. Looking back down at her menu, she smiled. "Oh, this looks good." she murmured, looking over one of the entrees.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:51 am

Nathaniel felt his jaws clench again. The damn little girl was being all snobby eh? Guess some of that Simon Hamilton rubbed off on her. "Interesting..cause last night she seemed fit as can be. Flexible too, she's just taking time off to relax and enjoy what she's accumulated in terms of money. Also, she didn't think it would be right to keep posing like she did when being with me. She wanted to keep herself appropriate. But then again, that's not common, being appropriate." he explained, shrugging as he ordered steak with a side of mashed potatoes and toast. He drank from his cup again, sighing.
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:56 am

Mandy laughed thoughtfully about his comment about the night before when he had presumably had sex with his washed up girlfriend. "That's interesting." she commented, taking a sip of ice water. "Back when we were together all I had to go was be able to touch my toes and you thought I was flexible." she grinned softly. "But then again, you also thought that you made me come every time." she winked and then looked up at the waiter when he arrived. "Yes, thank you. I would like to have the the shrimp and fettucini with a side of steamed brocolli."
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:01 am

Nathaniel gripped his hands and chuckled. "Wow, you really going that low now? Geez, I thought you still had dignity but I guess I was wrong." he mentioned, shaking his head as he leaned back. He cleared his throat when she made that comment about having her..come..every time, but he shrugged it off. "Well, at least I did and that's all that mattered really. I got my pleasure out of it, just as you did somewhat I think." he shrugged again, chuckling as he saw the waiter rush off with a blush on his face. Kid really needed to learn to plug his ears.
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 am

"Oh, yes. I found pleasure somewhere inbetween the two minutes when it started and ended." she mocked. Her cheeks flushed however when he continued their comment while their waiter was taking their order, leaving her mortified. Bastard. she thought, staring at him hatefully. Now that the waiter had taken their menus she really didn't have anything to focus on while talking to him. While she wasn't going to let him mess with her it was still a bit hard when she had to look him in the eyes. 'Well," she said after a long period of silence. "Cheers to the both of us finding someone who can appreciate us." she mumbled half heartedly, raising her glass.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:09 am

Nathaniel did take note as to how hard it was for her to look at him straight in the eye. He wondered why that was so but he looked away and nodded. He agreed to the solemn sentence and drank from his glass, not willing to hold it up for her. The food came by quickly, much to his liking. "I'm curious though..what's your job?" he asked, a bit interested and straying away from the insulting. He realized it was a bit childish, but he couldn't help feeling as such. It was an ex. Not like there was a handbook in how to handle these encounters.
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:16 am

Mandy noted that he hadn't raised his glass to her own and she knew that in his way it was another form of insulting her. Rolling her eyes she pulled her glass back and took a gulp of water, wishing that it was something alcoholic. Once the waiter arrived she kindly asked if she could have a glass of wine, not caring how expensive it was as long as if did the job. "My job is fine." she said, though in truth she was unhappy with it. She worked for the Press and mostly wrote editorials and reviews on local events. Her true ambition was to eventually become a star studded reporter on a news channel.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:19 pm

And why should he raise his glass to the stone cold b*tch who broke their relationship? He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Fine, don't tell me anything. I know things went down south between us, but that doesn't mean you have to be so up with yourself as if you're above me." Nathaniel spat, cutting into the steak with fervor as he wanted to just put something in his mouth before he shoved his foot in it.
Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:38 pm

He was the one who had been the distant frat boy douche bag! Rolling her eyes Mandy placed down her glass of wine. "Why did you invite me here today, Nathaniel? Was it to rub anything in my face? You have nothing. No fame, no career, no dick." she spat. There was no point to this get together other than for him to try and insult her and rub in the fact that he had done nothing with his life since she had left.
Back to top Go down
†MoonlightSonata†
Blanket of Snow
†MoonlightSonata†

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Nathaniel stared at her with sharp eyes. "I've got nothing? I didn't get stuck with some loser with money and sleep with him for like....a few months after we broke up. Yeah, and I know about that because one of his friends luckily decided to rub it in my face before I left town." he said, an obvious anger and rage building within him. "And also, I have a dick thank you very much and so far, at least my girl enjoys it better than you ever did. Silent slut." he said, scoffing as he stood and put down money on the table. "You just reminded me of how better off I was without you, and also...that song I made for you on that one birthday? I didn't regret one thing, putting it on record and having it blown through the radio." he said, sneering a bit as he left the restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Song and a Rhyme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song and a Rhyme   A Song and a Rhyme Empty

Back to top Go down

A Song and a Rhyme
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next