The Mystic Forest Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Falling Dragons

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Public Enemies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LonelyWolf
Admin
LonelyWolf

Public Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Public Enemies   Public Enemies EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:29 am

Public Enemies Public_enemies

Public Enemies is a 2009 American crime film co-written and directed by Michael Mann. Set during the Great Depression, it focuses on the true story of FBI agent Melvin Purvis's attempt to stop criminals John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson, and Pretty Boy Floyd. The film is an adaptation of Bryan Burrough's non-fiction book Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933–34. Christian Bale plays FBI agent Purvis, Johnny Depp plays Dillinger, Marion Cotillard plays Dillinger's girlfriend Billie Frechette, Channing Tatum plays Floyd and Giovanni Ribisi plays Alvin Karpis.

Now, I went to see this yesterday at the dollar theatre. I personally thought it was good. But they didn't really portray Dillinger as what many people back in the day thought of him. He was the Modern Day Robin Hood to many of the Middle class. He only robbed from the government never the middle class.

They did show a bank scene where this man try to give Dillinger his money and Dillinger refuses it saying he wasn't after their money, just the banks. And they did show when Dillinger was captured people lined the streets waving to him. But they didn't really show just how much he did for the people and what made him a hero.

So it was good action wise but they just didn't seem to capture that robin hood essence very well.

Johnny Depp = great actor in this movie.

So for a $1.25 it was pretty much worth it to see it. But I wouldn't run out to the nearest Best Buy and buy it for 20 bucks. I'd wait till it comes out used for like 7-12 bucks at a used DVD store.
Back to top Go down
Bean
Admin / Kindest
Admin / Kindest
Bean

Public Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Enemies   Public Enemies EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:05 pm

It sounds like a good movie. I'll definitely watch it when mom and dad rent it from Blockbuster.

[Random]
You know my little brother doesn't know what a Blockbuster is? His family rents movies from Family Video that's right down the road from their house.
Back to top Go down
https://beanscorner.forumotion.net

Public Enemies
Page 1 of 1